THX has announced its Certified Game Mode which aims to set up the audio and image processing in 4K TVs for the best possible video gaming experience, and TCL will be the first to release TVs that support it.As gamers are turning more and more to large screen 4K UHD TVs to satisfy their desire for the ultimate immersive gaming experience, THX has announced its Certified Game Mode which will help them make sure they are getting the best possible experience from their TVs while they play.
THX, who are perhaps best known for their expertise in quality cinematic sound, have partnered with TV manufacturer TCL to launch the Certified Game Mode which will enhance the gaming experience by delivering a fast response time, vivid colours and better contrast.
While there are settings on TVs that are designed to represent movie and TV material as the creators intended (such as the newly announced Filmmaker Mode), these are not necessarily best suited to the gaming experience. THX’s Certified Game Mode will be much more in keeping with gamer’s requirements and will enhance the particular immersion that gaming elicits.
Later in 2020, gamers in the US will find themselves presented with TVs from TCL that offer this new mode just in time for the next generation of gaming consoles from Sony and Microsoft.
It’s possible too that TV’s from other manufacturers will also be able to implement these settings and, once verified by THX that they are delivering the compliant experience, will receive the THX Certified Game Mode badge.
The company is also launching THX Spatial Audio which will enable a compatible smartphone to deliver 3D music via any set of headphones. This sounds very much like THX’s answer to Dolby Atmos Music and Sony’s 360 Reality Audio 3D audio formats which were both featured at this year’s CES. For gamers, THX Spatial Audio on gaming devices could mean a realistic audio environment where audio cues can come from anywhere in the 360° sound field.
Also announced by THX is THX AAA, (Achromatic Audio Amplifier) a new technology aimed at delivering better audio quality for wired headphones and improved battery life for wireless headphones.
The THX press release is quoted below:
San Francisco, California, Jan. 06, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- THX Ltd., renowned for the certification of world-class cinemas, today announced an exciting lineup of new partner products featuring THX Achromatic Audio Amplifier (THX AAA™), THX® Spatial Audio and THX Certification. THX is also proud to announce together with TCL, one of the world’s best-selling consumer electronics brands and America’s fastest-growing television brand, a new standard in gaming performance for big-screen TVs – the new THX® Certified Game Mode.
THX Certified Game Mode delivers fast response time and the most optimal viewing experience, allowing games to be experienced the way they were intended by the creators, with rich, vibrant colours and better contrast in crisp 4K HDR resolution. When customers select the THX Certified THX Game Mode in their TV, they will know that the performance of every setting has been carefully calibrated and optimized to deliver impactful visual performance to reveal vivid detail in a game while keeping the fast responsiveness that serious gamers demand. Pending THX Certification, TCL, who has been recognized by top-tier tech and business media for the best gaming TVs and gaming performance, is expected to be the first to launch TVs later this year in North America with a dedicated “THX Certified Game Mode” setting.
“THX was founded on the principle that entertainment should be heard and viewed with as much fidelity as possible to how the creator intended it to be enjoyed. While THX maintains its commitment to cinemas, we are pleased to unveil our dramatic expansion into devices in nearly every genre to bring this cinematic high-end entertainment experience to CE devices of all kinds,” said Min-Liang Tan, chief executive officer, THX Ltd. “From audiophile headphones, to TVs, to laptops, the THX engineers worked diligently to calibrate these devices, as well as to integrate key new THX technology offerings to elevate the quality of both audio and video with brighter, clearer, focused contrast.”
Additional new products featuring THX Certification as well as THX Spatial Audio and THX AAA technology launching at CES 2020 include:
- ZMBIZI Smartphone – The first mobile phone to feature THX Spatial Audio and THX® Personal HRTF technology
- Drop + Panda hi-fidelity wireless headphones featuring THX AAA
- THX Certified for Android HELM DB12 AAAMP mobile headphones amplifier powered by THX AAA
- 1MORE True Wireless ANC wireless headphones pending THX Certification
THX technologies and services enable products to take music, movies and gaming experiences to the next level with increased audio and video fidelity, realism and immersion. Highlights include:
- THX Spatial Audio: With THX® Spatial Audio, gamers and listeners will experience three-dimensional audio immersion. For the smartphone user, this means watching videos or listening to music on the go in 3D audio. For a video game player, this means becoming fully immersed in an authentic game experience that transports them into the game environment with true-to-life acoustics, allowing them to more accurately locate enemies, avoid dangers, and detect threats with the precision and pin-point accuracy of advanced audio positioning.
- THX AAA: THX Achromatic Audio Amplifier (THX AAA™) ensures the ultimate no-compromise headphone audio experience by delivering the world’s highest fidelity audio with infinitesimally low levels of noise, distortion and power consumption. THX AAA patented technology includes a proprietary feed-forward error correction topology that nulls conventional distortion mechanisms to reduce harmonic, intermodulation, and crossover distortion by up to 40dB, resulting in a realistic and more fatigue-free listening experience; the enabling of maximum output power for greater dynamic range and sound pressure level (SPL); a convenient modular solution which includes power supply, and can operate from a single 3.6V battery. THX AAA has a minimal bias current and highly efficient power management to optimize and extend device battery life, and is scalable allowing incorporation into any headphone amplifier design, with the flexibility to match the required fidelity, output power, and price point of the device design.
Are there any US-based gamers out there who like the sound of THX’s announcements? Would it tempt you to choose a TCL television as your next TV so you could take advantage of the Certified Gaming Mode? Let us know in the discussion thread.
Source: Press release, AndroidCentral
Image Source: Electro Deal Pro
To comment on what you've read here, click the Discussion tab and post a reply.