£2300 refund from JL , What shall i replace with

i might be upsetting a few people i think ive narrowed it down to a Richer sounds 65 OLED65E9 @ £1950 and a Samsung Q90R 75" for £2999 from Richers sounds or currys over interest free

i dont have Sky 4K anymore just HD, have Netflix UHD but this is scaled to 25mbps and just downloaded 4K content, i dont even own a Bluray player.
Having owned a 65" oledE7 it might be down to me wanting something dffirent and the £800 extra for 10inches but i will be checking out content again in the shops

Size makes a huge difference and I think OLED users (not specifically this forum) like to downplay the difference between a 75''+ screen to a 65''.

I can say for cinematic content with letterboxes, it REALLY opens up the content and allows you to pick out little details.

I'd actually go for the 75''. It will be a stepdown in image quality and you will start to see artifacts like blooming et al. but in return you will get the cinema in home cinema back.

My only other advice is wait 4 months and see if the 77'' LG drops in price, or get a projector + 65'' OLED combo. /

Good price for 75 incher so I’d say go for it and enjoy it.You won’t miss Oled because you will get use to lcd again.You won’t tell a difference in picture quality unless you had them side by side.
My preference for Oled is the design aswell as I love the picture on glass of the E series.

Hey Wezzy I was so sorry about your friend life can be cruel.Lost my best mate of 45 years last year he had stroke and didn’t make it.
Thanks mate ,sorry to hear of your loss too.

took a mate from work to Currys at lunchtime and showed him the Q90 75" however he was blown away by PQ of the 65" C9. which had a demo off wine being poured into a Champayne glass.
So its pay £2999 for a 75" Samsung QLED or
£1950 for a 65" LG OLEDE9.
or hang fire and hope for a bargain 77" OLEDC9 going down to £3499 . which i seriously doubt

Ok here is my advice stay away from oled .had a 18mth old lg oled b7 and now the good morning logo has burnt in .only watch it 20 mins each morning before leaving for work.they offered me a q8 for 1600 as had 4 years and 4mths warranty left not sure if that's fair or not .they offered me the b9 lg oled for 1749 but would need to pay extra 200 towards it ..I'm thinking the q90r for 1999 .the risk is just to much for oled and is flawed infact the manager told me to stay away from them

Go for the Q90r and you’ll get use to it.Will lose the inky Oled blacks but it’s plenty black enough and you’ll get amazing hdr with no fear of burn in.My only worry would be dse on football but your panel has every chance of being a good one and if not you can swap it for another.After a good think Im now of the opinion that I’d go this route if my Oled developes premature pixel wear

Go for the Q90r and you’ll get use to it.Will lose the inky Oled blacks but it’s plenty black enough and you’ll get amazing hdr with no fear of burn in.My only worry would be dse on football but your panel has every chance of being a good one and if not you can swap it for another.After a good think Im now of the opinion that I’d go this route if my Oled developes premature pixel wear
I think your right staff I'm gutted not going for another oled and will miss DV on netflix but I feel I have a 2nd chance given alot of people getting knocked back on bi and would be foolish to risk it again .I need A tV that I can watch whatever channels I want .and for 400 I get a upgrade .

I totally agree with what your saying and you like you say you can sit back and watch anything you want.Let us know how the Q90r is but I’m sure it will be brilliant.
When LG or any warranty covers burn in then you can come back to Oled.Im sort of luck my E7 developed severe banding as my panel is brand new so I’m confident of 2 more years at least I hope.

Ok here is my advice stay away from oled .had a 18mth old lg oled b7 and now the good morning logo has burnt in .only watch it 20 mins each morning before leaving for work.they offered me a q8 for 1600 as had 4 years and 4mths warranty left not sure if that's fair or not .they offered me the b9 lg oled for 1749 but would need to pay extra 200 towards it ..I'm thinking the q90r for 1999 .the risk is just to much for oled and is flawed infact the manager told me to stay away from them

I did nof take the replacement from JL for my B7 and just got a refund for the original price I paid. It’s not apparent that is what JL will do. I then did a price match with JL and ordered the E9 for the same price

whats DSE, im pretty much 90% going for a 75" Q90 at £3099.00 saw one at currys and the PQ was amazing. blacks were very good. I hope the sound is good without a soundbar,

whats DSE, im pretty much 90% going for a 75" Q90 at £3099.00 saw one at currys and the PQ was amazing. blacks were very good. I hope the sound is good without a soundbar,

hard to measure blacks in the showroom but I'm sure an OLED will beat it.

I've heard the Samsung is worse than the panasonic 902B at handling dark scenes, and if thats true then its going to be dissapointing for dark HDR scenes especially.

Paying £3,000 for a 75'' Q90R is still a no brainer against the £5500 77'' C9 OLED.

In all honesty, I would take the 75'' Q90R over the 65'' OLED any day because that 10 inches is huge for immersion, especially with a good sound system. However it is like 50% higher in price so I guess they're not really competiting products.

If you know someone who has NHS discount or is a student, buy the TV directly from samsung and the price should be closer to 2.6k btw.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom