10 metre fibre optic hdmi cable

oldman1950

Ex Member
Reaction score
hi, all
just purchased this cable to run from my pc to 4k tv as the old v2b hdmi cable only shows half of screen on the tv. the fibre optic one is the same, in display settings no second screen is found, I'm plugging the display end in to my tvs hdmi pc slot. other in to my vega 56 gpu, hdmi slot,

If I understand you correctly, the old cable and the new cable both exhibit the same problem, 1/2 a screen? Or are you connecting two hdmi cables to your tv?

I would try another HDMI input on the tv. If you have the same problem, it's more than likely not the cable. If the cables are active make sure you have them connected correctly because active cables are "uni-directional".

My monitor is for my pc, the tv was going to be for gaming. The TV is loosing signal. When monitor goes on and off, when i tested the tv in same room as pc it worked fine with normal 10m hdmi cable, as soon as I moved the TV in to my living room and ran the cable along the skirting board and through in to the next room problems started,

Last edited:
You might want to try a different 10m cable. 10m is long for any cable and the AZTEBE cables are of questionable build quality. Do you have any sharp bends in the cable when you moved it to the other room? Do you use the monitor and tv at the same time? I'm assuming that the pc is the source for both.

The pc is the source for both .using a vega56 gpu . No bends in cable straight line from pc to TV in next room. i can't use both at same time as in display settings my tv as not been found, Returning the cable

Hi oldman1950

Using generic terms like TV, PC, Monitor etc make it very difficult to give you a steer on the problem.

List out the actual Make and Model number of each item in the system, how you have them connected and also what content you are playing back when you have problems.

The flashing On/Off image would suggest an HDCP issue - one of your display devices could be HDCP compliant the other not, does this problem only occur when you try and playback a Movie?

Half a screen used to be a common issue if you tried to send a Progressive image to a Display which only accepted Interlaced images - you could try setting the Output to the Display to Interlaced.

Joe

i cant play anything back as the tv only display half screen and the monitor continues to blink on and of, tv is a samsung ks 7000

PC - vega56 GPU
PC Monitor - Make? Model?
TV - Make (Samsung) Model (KS 7000)

PC > Monitor - 2m DisplayPort
PC > TV - 10m Active Fibre HDMI

PC > Monitor Output settings - Resolution? Refresh rate?
PC > TV Output settings - Resolution? Refresh rate?

Does Desktop App & Movie playback work direct to TV when the Monitor is disconnected?

Joe

pc monitor , acer 1440p 144 hz , samsung 4ktv , i can not get in to tv settings as dislay settings don't show as TV is not found. When the monitor is disconnected the tv still displays no signal found.

Last edited:
I would start with the PC > TV via a short High Speed HDMI cable - no other Display device connected, if you find you can view the Desktop etc but then not view streamed content it may be your Graphics Card is not HDCP compliant.

Once you get that working then try connecting the ACER monitor via DP.

I would ensure I had the system working with a short High Speed HDMI cable before I start to introduce 10m Active cables.

Joe

Thanks for your help, ive ordered an hdmi amplifier , to try with the cable, if that does not work i give up. the TV worked with a normal HDMI cable showing full duplicate screen, before i moved it further away in to the next room.

Short HDMI cable - good that you proved the system works.

Optical Fibre HDMI cable - there are a few possibilities to why it is not working, including power starvation on the HDMI Output, which can potentially be resolved with a low cost 5v Voltage Inserter.

Alternatively your choice of Fibre cable may be the issue - we recommend the RuiPro4K Hybrid Fibre cables when folk have to go long.

An HDMI 'Amplifier' is designed to work with a passive HDMI cable - you may get lucky and if voltage starvation on the HDMI signal path is the issue the 'Amplifier' may provide the required 5v's.

Joe

I agree with Joe. Follow his advice and get back to us.

Ill let you know how I get on when arrives thanks, oh and it was the same normal 10m cable that worked in bedroom, not a short one, but when tv moved in to other room the same cable did not work,thats why i purchased the fibre cable which also did not work, only difference is now the cable is lying flat on the floor as before it was going upwards.

Last edited:
Hybrid fiber cables are fairly thin and have a good bend radius but you do want to keep the cable bending to a minimum and make sure that they don't put any strain on the hdmi input.

Should be fine then unless it got damaged somehow but eve that doesn't sound likely. Could be a current output at the sink end that's having issues.

i tried it in bedroom 5 feet away from my computer tower, and i got a duplicate screen, when i started a game p. the screen went black and i got a lost signal.

Hmmm. I would start to suspect an incompatibility or issue with the pc at this point. Do you have another source device you could try to rule out anything with the pc/graphics card?

If you are duplicating your screen, you have two different resolutions.

Which screen is going blank?

Try extending the screen instead, that way the monitor and TV will be at the correct resolutions and refresh rates.

Most games allow you to play on either monitor, check this works first before trying anything else.

It could be just that the game is playing in a mode that the Monitor or TV cannot display.

Tried it as only monitor. Still no joy. Amplifier coming tomorrow, sent the fibre optic cable back and ordered a 6m hdmi 2, cable. with the shorter cable and amplifier it might work ill let you know the outcome. Thanks. i don't have another source to try it on.

Tried it as only monitor. Still no joy. Amplifier coming tomorrow, sent the fibre optic cable back and ordered a 6m hdmi 2, cable. with the shorter cable and amplifier it might work ill let you know the outcome. Thanks. i don't have another source to try it on.
HDMI 2 cable? I'm assuming you mean a Premium High Speed HDMI cable (certification is good up to 8m (25').

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom