Promoted 10 Reasons to Upgrade Your Home Cinema System with a Denon AVR

Promoted Content Poster

Promoted Content
Reaction score
True audiophiles understand that to create a rich audio environment and capture a cinematic experience in the comfort of your own home, you need a high-quality AV receiver.

If you're in the market for a new AVR, you already know there are vast number of options to consider. Which features should you prioritize, and what are your absolute must-haves? If you’re struggling to make a decision and aren’t quite sure where to start, you may want to check out Denon’s award-winning range of home cinema AV Receivers that provide an array of technologies to best suit customers at every price point.

Here’s 10 reasons why….

Experience the latest in 3D sound formats

(Photo 10) Experience the latest in 3D sound formats.jpg

Audio has moved away from the standard surround sound setup, which “only” featured front and back speakers. It is now an immersive and room filling 3D audio experience thanks to the benefit of added height speakers. Denon’s AV Receiver set features Dolby Atmos, DTS:X and Auro 3D. This enables the AVR’s to place you at the centre of the action of whatever media you’re engaged in, whether it be movies, sports, or games.

100+ Years of Audio Expertise

(Photo 1) 100+ Years of Audio Expertise.jpg

To say that Denon engineers know their stuff may be a bit of an understatement, as can be seen from their consistent stream of awards. They have been dedicated to researching and developing ways to make more of your audio experience for over a century, with each new generation of Denon AV receivers seeing hundreds of components upgraded or replaced to enhance performance, year after year. This is a testament to their continuous pursuit to provide users with class-leading sound.

Denon’s AV Receiver are designed to cater for every room

(Photo 2) Denons AV Receiver are designed to cater for every room.jpg

The reality is that even the most technologically advanced product will sound different in every room. You may try out a demonstration in your local hi-fi store’s listening room, only to come home and find that it doesn’t quite sound the same. To tackle this, Denon AV Receivers come equipped with Audyssey calibration built in. Thanks to its huge measurement and processing power, this allows you to perfectly calibrate your AVR to suit your listening environment. All you need to do is plug in the supplied microphone and let the system set everything up automatically.

Experience richer colours and sharper, brighter images

(Photo 3) Experience richer colours and sharper, brighter images.jpg

With more detail, better colour rendering and improved contrast, the newest TV standards are handled by the advanced video processing in the latest Denon AV receivers to bring you even more of the picture, for a much more involved experience. And if you’re still using older equipment, they’ll even upscale the video to 4K Ultra HD resolution to look great on that new TV set.

Your TV deserves the best AV Receiver
(Photo 4) Your TV deserves the best AV Receiver.jpg

We’ve come a long way from the days of VHS tape, DVD and just a few TV channels. The line-up of Denon receivers can make the most of Blu-ray, 4K UHD (ultra-high definition) TV and streaming services like Amazon Prime and Netflix. This is all done with a simple one-cable connection supporting the latest standards for sound and vision, like ARC and Dolby Vision. From sports to movies and your favourite shows, Denon receivers make the most of your viewing.

The Digital Octopus

(Photo 5) The Digital Octopus.jpg

With up to 8 HDMI inputs, the latest-generation Denon AV receivers can handle all your digital video sources, from satellite and cable receivers to computers and games systems. And they’re ready for all the various 4K ultra high definition TV formats, including HDR, HLG and Dolby Vision. You don’t need to worry about the technicalities of what you’re watching ¬– as the heart of your home entertainment system, Denon’s latest AV receivers can handle it.

They sound excellent for music too

(Photo 9) Unleash the music.jpg

Born from more than a century of audio experience as previously mentioned, Denon’s latest range of AV receivers sound amazing with music, too. Not only can they play music from your CD, DVD or Blu-ray player, but they can also connect to your home computer or network storage for your music library, and extend your current library of music by accessing unlimited music from streaming services, such as Amazon Music, Deezer and Spotify. You can even stream music straight from your phone, using Apple Airplay 2 or Bluetooth.

You are in total control

(Photo 6) You are in control.gif

It seems everyone’s talking about voice control, with new devices you can simply ask your device to perform a function and it will do the rest. The trouble is, there are three different voice systems out there – Amazon’s Alexa, Google Assistant and Siri, via Apple. Denon’s AVR line-up caters for all three, so whether you want to say ‘Alexa’, ‘OK Google’ or ‘Hey Siri’, they’ll be ready to take on the task –whether it’s adjusting the volume or playing your favourite tune.

Experience Music in one room, or every room

(Photo 7) Your music in every room.jpg

Denon AV Receivers benefit from HEOS built-in. HEOS is a Denon-developed wireless multiroom audio system, which allows you to connect to additional wireless speakers and other components with HEOS inside in and around your home. This means you can play your music, streaming services, or even your TV sound in any room you want, provided you’ve got another HEOS-enable device to receive the sound. It’s quick and easy to set up or add extra ‘zones’, and can all be controlled using the free HEOS app on your phone, or simply by using your voice if you have one of the compatible voice assistants.

Easy to set up, even easier to use

(Photo 8) Easy to set up, even easier to use.jpg

This is an important one. There’s nothing more frustrating that being excited to set up your new piece of kit only to discover that it’s going to take a few hours to wrap your head around. Thankfully, Denon have worked hard to make it simple for anyone to achieve the best results from their AV Receivers. This is due to their built-in Graphical User Interface including a Setup Assistant, with step-by-step instructions to help you get everything set up and running.

Explore the full range of Denon AV receivers for yourself by *clicking here*, or pop into your local authorised retailer for a demonstration. You will not be disappointed.

So I bought one of the Denon Amps (X2600H) and it works pretty good (including Atmos) (had to print out the 290-page manual), and apart from one thing (that had worked on my Yamaha amp.... [no BLACKSCREEN]), ....it works great.

Only problem is, when running my PC through the Amp (over HDMI [Arc to Arc]), I now have to have `TWO` HDMI cables from the PC to avoid getting the `BLACKSCREEN problem`, that plagues THOUSANDS of people (try a quick google of that): ... So could anyone explain why when I clicked "USE RECOMMENDED SETTINGS" (to high for the GPU? [4K Tv @ 60Hz][for a 4k 30Hz GPU]) in the AMD graphics Driver program, the screen went/stays black, until (or unless) I add in an extra HDMI cable direct to the TV from the Intel GPU (EVEN THOUGH THE IMAGE [& sound] GOES THROUGH THE AMP).
Altering the PC to run the Tv at 1080p (which it is currently at) made no difference.

Wish all you guys (AMD/NVidia~Microsoft~TV & Amp Companies) would stop employing liberals for Diversity`s sake, & have some system where the thousands$$$$$ & thousands$$$$$ & thousands$$$$$ of wages we spend on your gear & software ALL works without causing us death-inducing anger (during the dozens of hours it takes to figure out how to bodge-fix), when all we wanna do is run a game on a big HDR Tv for fun.

Last edited:
@Unnecessarily Complicated First things first, use 4K certified HDMI cables between the PC and the AVR, and between the AVR and the TV, You don't have to spend a fortune on them. See if that fixes the problem.

Something like this:

Actually hang on, what do you mean Arc to Arc? The PC isn't connected to an ARC port?

Hello
I have x2600. Can I use HDMI to transfer center speaker to my TV (LG OLED65C9) and use TV as a speaker+VIDEO?
Or other option?

Hello
I have x2600. Can I use HDMI to transfer center speaker to my TV (LG OLED65C9) and use TV as a speaker+VIDEO?
Or other option?
No. If you have other speakers attached and don't have the room for a centre channel then run as a 4.1. Just inform the Denon that there is no centre speaker attached under amp assign. That way the centre channel information will be downmixed to the front left and right.

I've been seriously considering a Denon for my next receiver but I'm put off by the terrible reviews that the control app gets. My last three receivers have all been Pioneer and their app is superb.

Any plans to tackle the reported problems? One look at the reviews on the app store will demonstrate what I'm referring to.

whilst the app isn't brilliant, i've never had any issues with it..

What specific issues are you concerned about? i'm not going to read through loads of reviews to pick items out..

The app is not great compared to the onkyo one I use to use. Denon takes over a minute to load. Il stick with the remote lol

Remote is always better imo, but i would suggest you have an issue with your device or network. I've had both the marantz and denon app (both the same) and load time takes a few seconds.

Denon app not a patch on the pioneer one (too slow and buddy)
Remote control needs faster reaction times...on par with the Tivo box which is like 80s speed :)

I have the 3400H and the sound is prefect, Onkyo was too rough, Yamaha not rough enough and the Denon just falls between the both so it's the logical choice.

Handshake issues are common, you need to change HDMI cables or put the device on first then the receiver or the other way round for it to shake the hand of god.

Would I buy another Denon? Yes I would.. love the sound, codecs available, picture and simplicity of the set up!

Would love a 9.2 ... would have to sell the girlfriend tho :)

I have had no issues with my Denon since I replaced my old Onkyo.

Just wish I could actually use it to full affect during movies without annoying the neighbours.

Hope to upgrade to a full 13 channel model some day (if I get a detached house)

The Denon AVR-4520 receiver - is the best receiver I have ever had! Reliable, great features and sound!

Denon app not a patch on the pioneer one (too slow and buddy)
Remote control needs faster reaction times...on par with the Tivo box which is like 80s speed :)

I have the 3400H and the sound is prefect, Onkyo was too rough, Yamaha not rough enough and the Denon just falls between the both so it's the logical choice.

Handshake issues are common, you need to change HDMI cables or put the device on first then the receiver or the other way round for it to shake the hand of god.

Would I buy another Denon? Yes I would.. love the sound, codecs available, picture and simplicity of the set up!

Would love a 9.2 ... would have to sell the girlfriend tho :)

Let me know when she will be in the classifieds.....

AV Rant are interviewing Sound United ( Denon, Marantz etc ) this week and the discussion will include Heos, streaming, Amazon Music HD amongst various subjects.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom