1400 cases child abuse -Rotherham

Lessons still not being learned.

They're not interested in learning lessons. Learning means time and money.

Generally the police and social services are over worked and under resourced. Have been for years, and it's only gotten worse. That's what a decade of neglect leads to. Now we're failing to protect even more children than we were already failing.

If people bothered to read individual stories of failure from time to time, they'd be absolutely horrified. That's why this stuff normally gets buried in the news.

They're not interested in learning lessons. Learning means time and money.

Generally the police and social services are over worked and under resourced. Have been for years, and it's only gotten worse. That's what a decade of neglect leads to. Now we're failing to protect even more children than we were already failing.

If people bothered to read individual stories of failure from time to time, they'd be absolutely horrified. That's why this stuff normally gets buried in the news.
Rather the point I was making.

Last edited:
I rather think you missed the sarcasm.

Even if you were being sarcastic for whatever reason, you still made a pertinent point too :)

This is a damning report. Like with everything else though the powers that be will now say we'll do better. Until the next time of course. Rinse and repeat once again. All whilst the situation worsens.

Personally I can't think of anything more abhorrent than failing children in a way that allows them to be abused.

I thought this might be the best thread for this.

7 years in the making, and finally released one of the most damning and disturbing reports that's ever been produced.

I was reading about it from various quarters whilst watching Question Time, it's as scandalous as anything I've ever seen to be honest. The conclusion is that we've been monsters to our children; failing them everywhere and ignoring their cries for help. And no-one in authority has ever cared enough to address it.

And one final tragedy is that it was released today of all days. So it's barely had any attention in a political context.

"What this report chronicles is how over the last quarter of a century this country has experienced the horrifying realisation of an evil that has corrupted every corner and crevice of our society.

The question that we must confront is how an apparently civilised and cultured society could allow its children to be harmed in this way, millions of lives diminished, generation after generation, a cycle of suffering."

Even if you were being sarcastic for whatever reason, you still made a pertinent point too :)

This is a damning report. Like with everything else though the powers that be will now say we'll do better. Until the next time of course. Rinse and repeat once again. All whilst the situation worsens.

Personally I can't think of anything more abhorrent than failing children in a way that allows them to be abused.
Missed that before.

I completely agree and with your post above. It really is horrendous that this happened.

I think any other day this would have been headline news and we'd have had journalists clamouring for responses from all over.

It's as big a scandal as there is really. The systematic abuse and neglect of children, and then once again when they become victims.

I think the summary above from the BBC correspondent covers it perfectly.

I thought this might be the best thread for this.

7 years in the making, and finally released one of the most damning and disturbing reports that's ever been produced.

I was reading about it from various quarters whilst watching Question Time, it's as scandalous as anything I've ever seen to be honest. The conclusion is that we've been monsters to our children; failing them everywhere and ignoring their cries for help. And no-one in authority has ever cared enough to address it.

And one final tragedy is that it was released today of all days. So it's barely had any attention in a political context.

"What this report chronicles is how over the last quarter of a century this country has experienced the horrifying realisation of an evil that has corrupted every corner and crevice of our society.

The question that we must confront is how an apparently civilised and cultured society could allow its children to be harmed in this way, millions of lives diminished, generation after generation, a cycle of suffering."

It is shocking and horrifying that so much abuse went unrecorded and unpunished.

It's clear from almost every case study I have ever read that a huge proportion of abused children and young people behaved in ways that were regarded as difficult, disruptive etc, but it was treated as though they were to blame, when they were actually "acting out" and showing signs of trauma.

I would like to think that children showing that sort of behaviour these days are treated gently and encouraged to talk about anything that was bothering them in a supportive way and disclosure gently encouraged, rather than disciplined, excluded from school etc. But I'm not confident that that is the case.

It's not enough just to believe and support children and young people who disclose abuse, and punish those who have suffered abuse for the way they behave as a result of abuse. And counselling and therapy for those victims who are now adults should be far better resourced. Unless it has been so damaging that the abused person is under the care of the MH services, the only way of getting help is privately, and it is punishingly expensive. And the MH services often can't resource more than a few sessions, either.

I would bet my house that the true extent of child abuse is far, far greater than most of us would ever dream of.

I would bet my house that the true extent of child abuse is far, far greater than most of us would ever dream of.

Absolutely and that's why it continues, because the average person can't believe that the official figures are just the tip of the iceberg!

I'm afraid I can't see a solution to this until people accept that it's going on all around us.

Yeah let's have Johnson back, he gives a shit.

Glad this has had some coverage, but a shame they didn't hold onto it for a few more weeks. Put it straight on the desk of the new PM.

Nice to see the usual left wing policy of divert a problem of gang raping children into complaining about Boris.

The faux concern is so touching.

No interest in the community committing these rapes, why it took a court order to make the police record the ethnicity of non white attackers or those who protect the rapists.

Just blame Boris.

Nice to see the usual left wing policy of divert a problem of gang raping children into complaining about Boris.

The faux concern is so touching.

No interest in the community committing these rapes, why it took a court order to make the police record the ethnicity of non white attackers or those who protect the rapists.

Just blame Boris.

Judging by your posts thus far you obviously you have great difficulty understanding what's been said, so let me translate it to simple terms for you.

Like everything else, Johnson doesn't care about kids either, even ones who suffer.

Got it now?

People in positions of power are believed over "troubled" individuals.

We see it in care homes, we see it in the police force, we see it in the armed forces...

Exactly. It's a widespread historical problem that's not been getting dealt with.

And what kind of people torture children? And what kind turn a blind eye?

Vlad - true but not but do you have statistics?

Sad and maddening,

A convicted child sex offender was given custody of a child before getting her pregnant, despite authorities knowing about his criminal record, a report has found.

I think I have some rope that will make it for a very good noose...

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom