15m ruipro hdmi cables question

frankie13

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Has any one had them fail on you , i have had 2 now in under 2 years fail on me ie no signal i have contacted them via there support page

Ruipro has a very good support policy so you should be hearing back from them soon. Which cable, the 4k or 8k? How do you have it setup and what was the "failure"? I've been using a short length set of 4k cables on my both of my systems for over a year now and have had zero issues. However, I don't use/need ARC so if that's where your failure is, unfortunately that's not uncommon at your length.

4k 15m connected to denon 3600h then pass thru to optoma 4k projector screen just keeps going off with no signal message

So how is these 15m ruipro work great for only upto 6 months or so shocking at 180 quid

45' (15m) is pretty long for any cable. How long is the cable run from the AVR to the pj? There have been some reports of pj's not playing nice with active cables because of current output fluctuations at the sink end which messes with (a technical term ;)) the chipsets in the connector end of the cable. Some have found that using a voltage inserter provided enough consistent current to the cable that it corrects the problem. Not an absolute fix because it doesn't always work. I know that Ruipro provides a voltage inserter with their 8k cables for that very reason.

If possible, I would try to bypass the AVR first just to rule out any issues there and then check your settings to make sure that what you are sending is correct for the source material and what the pj can realistically process.

No cable mfr can guarantee that their cables will work 100% of the time with all devices and setups so it's still pretty much trial and error. At 15m how is the cable installed?

Think ive found a work around god knows. How but for signal to stay on perfect the tv has to be on at the same time as projector yes bravia snyc is off any ideas friend

Whoops tell a lie still cutting out saying no signal i give in thanks for your help

That almost sounds like a current output problem at the sink (display) side. Try my suggestion about ruling out the AVR first. Do you use ARC, and if so, is ARC/CEC disabled on all of your HDMI connected devices, not just the BraviaSync on the tv?

That almost sounds like a current output problem at the sink (display) side. Try my suggestion about ruling out the AVR first. Do you use ARC, and if so, is ARC/CEC disabled on all of your HDMI connected devices, not just the BraviaSync on the tv?
HI AGAIN SORRY FOR DELAY heres an update everything works fine if i take the hdmi that comes out off my denon avr arc in to arc on the tv no blackouts on projector do you think this 2 Way 4K UHD HDMI Splitter with EDID, HDCP 2.2
could fix the problem

HI AGAIN SORRY FOR DELAY heres an update everything works fine if i take the hdmi that comes out off my denon avr arc in to arc on the tv no blackouts on projector do you think this 2 Way 4K UHD HDMI Splitter with EDID, HDCP 2.2
could fix the problem
All you can do is try. 4k HDR typically doesn't like any "breaks" in the HDMI chain and this is especially true with an active cable at your length.

I have 2 15m 4K cables connecting my dvd and processor to the TV and haven’t had any issues in nearly 2 years.
Also recently bought a 1m 8k for sky to processor.

I have 2 15m 4K cables connecting my dvd and processor to the TV and haven’t had any issues in nearly 2 years.
Also recently bought a 1m 8k for sky to processor.
4k or 4k HDR? HDMI 2.0 option sets or HDMI 2.1 option sets. A processor or receiver doesn't really count as a "break" in the HDMI chain. What we are referring to are wall plates, extenders, adapters, couplers (as in daisy chaining). At 1m for the "8" cable, there are no distance issues so almost any cable would do depending on whether you whether you are pushing the 4k HDR HDMI 2.0 options or the 4k HDR HDMI 2.1 options.

Not sure about the hdmi versions, I’m getting HLG HDR from the sky box through the Anthem, and HDR10 from the Oppo direct.

HDR (Dolby Vision, HDR10, HDR10+, and HLG) are all possible with the HDMI 2.0 option sets. As has been stated many times, the most reliable connection is a single cable, source to sink. The "breaks" in the HDMI chain refer to the connection from source to sink. The receiver or processor is considered the sink device, not a "break" in the chain.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom