Quantcast

2 TVs in Lobby Issue

chrishudd33513

Novice Member
Hey Guys and Gals,
I need some assistance... I work in IT and have 2 Vizio tvs setup in our lobby. Right now, the front desk ladies are having to go around there desk, through a secured area to control the TVs because One remote is controlling them both. I've searched and not really found an easy solution for this fix. I hate to just replace one of the TVs because it looks better when they look the same side by side. The only thing they are doing is using a jump drive for pictures and the other is streaming lobby music. I would like independent control of the TVs. Thanks for the help.

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
I'm not familiar with the brand, I think they only sell in North America, so are these just standard consumer TVs?

The only thing I can think of is that they might have a mobile app which you might be able to use if network security considerations permit it. Perhaps with an Android emulator installed on the front desk machines.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Vizio - which model do you have?

Video Distribution - how do you send the images to the TV's?

TV vs. Display - one of the big hassles with using 'TV's is control, far better to spend a little more on a Public Display 'Display' with suitable features (wider viewing angles, brighter, timers, warranty etc).

Joe

PS Some Pubs/Bars we have worked with have had 20 or 30 TV's and some poor member of staff spending an hour trying to get them on/off in/out of standby each day using a remote :)

Top Bottom