2015 Panasonic CX802 (TX-xxCX802B) Owners Thread Part 2

Thanks. If I do the reset though I guess I lose all settings?!

I think there is a way to save them to the Panasonic TV Remote 2 app, but I just started again when I reset mine.

Hi, is anybody out there using a usb hard drive to record tv? Looking to buy one that is powered by the usb/tv rather than mains.

Any makes models known to work would be appreciated please?

Hi, is anybody out there using a usb hard drive to record tv? Looking to buy one that is powered by the usb/tv rather than mains.

Any makes models known to work would be appreciated please?
Apparently there is a list of compatible drives on Panasonic's support site, but I can't seem to find it. Someone on this thread used a 500gb Western Digital drive which worked, even though it wasn't on the list.

Hi All.
I need to get a HDMI Spliiter for this this TV so I can view HDR content on my Nvidia Shield TV. I would assume it will need to be HCP 2.2 complient. Any recommendations?

I'm selling my 65 inch cx802 any offers it's as good as new

You will need to make a dedicated sale thread in the classified section, and will also need to set a price for it:

TV Classifieds

Also worthwhile familiarising yourself with the trading rules if you do list it:

Trading Rules

Since about a month ago I've had an issue where several Freeview channels have disappeared, for example CBBC HD, 4seven, etc. We're on the Crystal Palace transmitter, and our signal strength is 10 out of 10 for all other channels (as it is a large building aerial).

Really frustrating, was wondering if it is software related. I'm on the latest 3.228 HDR update software.

It shows its playing hdr when you look on TV picture menu

Odd, mine doesn’t.

I’m also pretty sure on HDR capable YouTube apps the available video quality shows as 4K HDR, on mine it only shows as 4K.

It’s all gone a bit quiet on the BBC IPlayer issue that BBC and Panny were meant to be investigating!! Anybody got any more info please as it still doesn’t work on my 802 :(
Just seen this on the BBC website:
Why is BBC iPlayer not loading on my Panasonic TV?
*** Update Tuesday 15 May ***

We’re working with Panasonic to help them resolve a difficulty with BBC iPlayer failing to load on Panasonic TVs (CX and DX ranges).

We can confirm that this issue has now been replicated by Panasonic. They have found that the issue can occur when trying to access BBC iPlayer whilst a programme is being recorded simultaneously.

If you're still experiencing this phenomenon, please contact Panasonic directly on 0344 844 3899. Panasonic may be able to provide guidance and will log your details so that they can contact you when further updates become available.

Note, must have been this year since 15th May was a Tuesday.

Just seen this on the BBC website:
Why is BBC iPlayer not loading on my Panasonic TV?
*** Update Tuesday 15 May ***

Wish i'd read this post yesterday, driving me nuts trying to figure out what the issue was.

didnt help i was also having internet issues as well :suicide:

Hi everyone,

Further to my previous question re YouTube, I can confirm it does indeed do 4K HDR. It seems from enabling ‘geek mode’ in the app, it can only do a maximum of 30fps? Can anyone confirm?

Thanks!

Hi everyone,

Further to my previous question re YouTube, I can confirm it does indeed do 4K HDR. It seems from enabling ‘geek mode’ in the app, it can only do a maximum of 30fps? Can anyone confirm?

Thanks!
Go to Youtube HDR channel play an hdr video if tv displays resolution and hdr in top left corner then the tv supports it mine does not

Anyone watched the new 4kuhd football demo on BBC iPlayer?
Ihave a 35mbps bb and the motion looks a bit jerky unless i put the 'intelligent frame creation' on at least MID to smooth it out but whichever setting i use the motion of the ball still looks a bit juddery. I think it's dropping frames perhaps as i dont quite have the recommeded 40mbps. The HDR looks great on the close ups but if this is how it wil look come the world cup i'll have to stick to HD and interlaces TV.

I watched it last night - I'm on a 75Mb/s service and I've got to say, it was completely underwhelming. Looking at the Planet Earth 2 in UHD HLG 7 minute demo, the colours look amazing, but the football footage looked really quite average. Sky's UHD service is pretty good, and I expected this test footage to be better - and its not?

4k UHD content has disappeared from my Amazon prime!
Anyone else had this? Just get 1080p now :(
I'm hard wired into my fibre router which 300mb d/l so its not my connection speed!

Does anyone use a roku+ stick to watch the world cup in 4k on I player, I want to know if it triggers the HDR/HLG settings please.

Does anyone use a roku+ stick to watch the world cup in 4k on I player, I want to know if it triggers the HDR/HLG settings please.

I've just been using the iPlayer app. As I understand it, the TV won't do the HLG bit just the resolution improvement.
If this is different with a Roku, I might just have to go and get one.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom