2015 Panasonic CX802 (TX-xxCX802B) Owners Thread Part 2

Anyone else here experiencing issues with the built in YouTube app? When the first video thumbnail is highlighted the down and right arrow buttons do nothing... This started a few days ago. I also can’t go down in my subscribed channels list. Settings menu work fine though.

Is anyone considering upgrading (or has upgraded) to a new 2019 Panny OLED?

I'm seriously considering going for the 65GZ950, so a size upgrade from my current 55" too.

I still sometimes get impressed with the PQ of 55cx802 and question the cost (£2,500) of upgrading for the sake of it. Someone persuade/dissuade me !

Is anyone considering upgrading (or has upgraded) to a new 2019 Panny OLED?

I'm seriously considering going for the 65GZ950, so a size upgrade from my current 55" too.

I still sometimes get impressed with the PQ of 55cx802 and question the cost (£2,500) of upgrading for the sake of it. Someone persuade/dissuade me !
I’ve still got my cx802 and I now have a 2018 65FZ802 and not only is the size difference worth the upgrade alone but the picture quality, especially with HDR, is in a different league, so much so it’s a different sport! You won’t regret the upgrade.
I’ve seen some deals on the GZ for £2200 btw and give it a few More more months and I think you’ll be looking at £1800 for a GZ.

I’ve still got my cx802 and I now have a 2018 65FZ802 and not only is the size difference worth the upgrade alone but the picture quality, especially with HDR, is in a different league, so much so it’s a different sport! You won’t regret the upgrade.
I’ve seen some deals on the GZ for £2200 btw and give it a few More more months and I think you’ll be looking at £1800 for a GZ.

Thanks JimBob, you've nudged me one step closer to upgrading. I was going to wait a bit for any price reductions but they don't normally materialse until after xmas. I doubt whether we'll see anything in 'Black Friday' and there's also a possibility of a 'no deal Brexit' at the end of Oct which could cause a price increase!

Anyone else here experiencing issues with the built in YouTube app? When the first video thumbnail is highlighted the down and right arrow buttons do nothing... This started a few days ago. I also can’t go down in my subscribed channels list. Settings menu work fine though.
Yes I’ve had the same issue. Most of the time I use my Apple TV YouTube app.

Yes I’ve had the same issue. Most of the time I use my Apple TV YouTube app.
Somehow it’s resolves itself as of today, thankfully. I was searching the web for others with this issue and found a few more folks with this issue, all of the Panasonic owners... Not the first time Panasonic software has disappointed me. It’s turned me off to buying another again, at least until they switch to a more widely used and stable OS.

Hello People here on avforum.
I am a tx CX800 owner from holland.
last year I bought a sony EX9005 used 8 months old but under warenty in holland 2 years standard.
And I must say I use it upstairs it is very good if I compare it to my pana. And I still love my pana but not in a dark room the TX50 is edge led and you see light around bright objects in the dark and pumping backlight .
The blacks on the Sony are super good and it is VA full led 100hz 10Bit panel not very much zones 48 but very good.
I watch it in the dark all the time and love the blacks it can produce .
And a nice design tv to.
The only thing is that the android tv is a bit slow but useable and you can use KODI on android tv.
And many other cool tv and movie apps and android 8.0 .
But if you like lcd va panels and very good blacks I think sony is the way to go.
The new model is the FX9005 a litle les black than th EX because of the viewing angle filter but still beter way than the pana. but you can still find the EX models new here in holland .
And mabey in the UK to.

Anyone moved over from one of these to a QLED and had good/bad experience (after a 75” so limits options)

Anyone moved over from one of these to a QLED and had good/bad experience (after a 75” so limits options)

This TV for image quality is superior to any Samsung (I own a 2018 Q9FN QLED) and I have this TV. I will never be using Samsung again after going from this 2015 Panasonic TV to the highest end QLED released last year. This TV completely defeats it in everything accept nits so max brightness.

Blu rays on the CX802b look as good as 4K discs with HDR off on the Q9FN with HDR on difference is only that the Q9FN has the brightness to handle HDR better, it still however has the same issue. Brighter but colours and image quality not as good as the CX802b in HDR mode.

Still holding out here but weakening :D

My Samsung Q90r blows my old 65 inch cx802 out the water. No question. The change was dramatic for me. Both were/are professionally calibrated.

Still holding out here but weakening :D
I went from the fantastic TX-50CX802, to an LG B6 OLED and now to a GZ2000 and the move to OLED is profound. I couldn't move back to LCD based screens, for my main viewing now.

Having watched the technology for a number of years, I think OLED is now at it's peak and unless something major happens, like every manufacturer adopting Panasonic's approach with the GZ2000, you'll not see any appreciable improvements from this year's models. I'd even argue the only real improvements since my B6 (a 2016 model), in general, have been around near black handling, reduced risk of burn in and screen uniformity. Peak brightness has been pretty consistent at around 700 nits, (calibrated) and colourspace coverage has been nigh on identical year on year. These are the only real areas where OLED can improve now. With the GZ2000 hitting 1000 nits, its only colour volume that needs to be improved but, this will mean a fundamental change to the technology and will probably be where micro LED will take over.

Paul

Is there a model like the 2000 but without the speakers ie used the same panel?

Is there a model like the 2000 but without the speakers ie used the same panel?
Unfortunately not. The panel in the GZ2000, is unique to it. However, the rest of the GZ range are also fantastic TV's and it sounds lik ethe GZ950 would be ideal for your set up.

Paul

Hi, I have an issue with my TX-50CX802b and was wondering if anyone else had seen it.

Half of the screen turns blue or pink when watching netflix/amazon, it gets even worse if it is 4k.

If i connect my laptop up by hdmi and have duplicate monitors it is not there but if i extend the monitors then i see it on that also.

We watch most stuff on sky hd via hdmi and you never see this issue on this also

i have the latest firmware and I tried a factory reset and still have the same issue,

Thanks

WhatsApp Image 2019-10-16 at 13.43.13.jpeg

Just tried it on Amazon and Netfilx without issue. Not sure what to suggest other than a new cable and or do you have multi windows enabled? Not used that so do know how that works

Looks like the TV is trying to commit suicide because it has detected a Jeremy Clarkson.

Unfortunately not. The panel in the GZ2000, is unique to it. However, the rest of the GZ range are also fantastic TV's and it sounds lik ethe GZ950 would be ideal for your set up.

Might wait til next year then

Hi, I have an issue with my TX-50CX802b and was wondering if anyone else had seen it.

Half of the screen turns blue or pink when watching netflix/amazon, it gets even worse if it is 4k.

If i connect my laptop up by hdmi and have duplicate monitors it is not there but if i extend the monitors then i see it on that also.

We watch most stuff on sky hd via hdmi and you never see this issue on this also

i have the latest firmware and I tried a factory reset and still have the same issue,

Thanks

View attachment 1207939

That looks like a fault, i have the 50cx802b too. If sky is working ok through hdmi it might be you're tv apps are faulty. Have you tried a streaming stick like Roku or amazon fire tv?

Quick question - can I use something like a Roku or a 4K Fire TV stick to provide an HLG-capable BBC iPlayer? Obviously, the in-built app does not support HLG, just wondered if I could add a device / app that does?

Quick question - can I use something like a Roku or a 4K Fire TV stick to provide an HLG-capable BBC iPlayer? Obviously, the in-built app does not support HLG, just wondered if I could add a device / app that does?

Afraid not, This TV can't decode HLG you would just get 4K res and no HDR.
Edit: I am not sure but you may still get WCG so 10bit colour, more I think about it the more i think that will work still too so it wont look that bad at all with 10bit colour. The app should do 10bit colour too i think too. Could be wrong tho.

Afraid not, This TV can't decode HLG you would just get 4K res and no HDR.
Edit: I am not sure but you may still get WCG so 10bit colour, more I think about it the more i think that will work still too so it wont look that bad at all with 10bit colour. The app should do 10bit colour too i think too. Could be wrong tho.
There is an HDR option in the option menus on mine for HDMI connected devices.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom