Question 2017 Panasonic tc-58ex750c and HDR10+

Jaymo101

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I am trying to determine whether or not I can update my TV's firmware to something that adds the "dynamic" and "static" options to my "HDMI HDR settings." (to add dynamic HDR10+ to my TV's functionality).

Currently I am only able to select "on" or "off" and achieve static HDR, and my TV is updated to it's regions latest firmware. I have read online that firmware updates from the UK region included the HDR10+ update, but not the North American regions.

Has anyone else had any experience in this situation, and is this something I am able to do?

This has been discussed in the EX750 and EZ950 threads: unfortunately for some reason the latest firmware v2.232 (North America) and v4.232 (Australia/Asia) didn't bring the expected HDR10+ support although released several months after the latest firmware v3.231 for Europe/UK which brought HDR10+ support.

That's sad but nothing you can do about it. It's impossible to install the EU firmware on another region TV and don't expect Panasonic to release further firmware updates for North America. As they announced they will exit the TV business in Canada, firmware updates for a 2017 TV is for sure no more a priority to them (well, it has never been anyway...)
-> Panasonic Canada to Exit TV Business

But to be honest you don't miss anything important without HDR10+.
Here are my shorts reviews/comparisons:

- Alien: Panasonic EX750 Owners Thread

- Bohemian Rhapsody: Panasonic EX750 Owners Thread

Thank you very much for your response and for saving me more wasted effort. I have looked extensively into the issue and hadn't been able to find a direct answer, I'm sure it has been discussed in length.

I understand I may not be missing much, but my TV isn't achieving its full technical capabilities and that bothers me. Honestly after spending as much as I did on my TV I feel as though it's poor business practice to neglect a region of customers. This is something I will be contacting Panasonic about, as I have always been a supporter of Panasonic products and this is the first time I've ever felt let down by them.

I understand your feeling.

I also feel a bit fooled having strongly recommanded my brother living in Canada to buy a GZ1000 a few weeks before the announcement they're actually leaving this market ...

Contacting the Panasonic customer service will only make your pain feel worse.
In most countries their customer service has proven being very bad and unknowledgable about this point.
I bet they will reply to you that your TV already supports HDR10 because they don't know the difference between HDR10 and HDR10+ ;)

It has been pretty painful so far, however I'm hoping for it to be a fruitful endeavour. Perhaps they'll upgrade my TV if they are unable to provide an appropriate update. It certainly would have influenced my purchase had I known Dolby Vision and HDR10+ were right around the corner, and Panasonic would be excluding my region from the firmware update. When I bought my TV standard HDR was the only option, so Dolby Vision/HDR10+ wasn't really a factor at the time.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom