2018 Sales for 4k HDR 55" or larger

david4k

Novice Member
Reaction score
There appears to be some even more aggressive prices - what is the bast value deal currently in 4k hdr 50" or more - sound un important stunning 4k image and very good scaling from sd and hd - no obvious flaws such as motion stutter or general lace curtain type artifacts - sub £1500 net price and mainstream brand - youtube and driving simulator usage too - nr perfect UHD Bluray :)

was thinking more QLED than OLED as, being older, prefer a more vibrant picture - daily mail was featuring a currys 42% price drop i believe on a 55 Qled - not sure which and if it a respected set

You can currently get an LG OLED for £1349. I've just managed to get John Lewis to price match.

The TV you have seen I believe is the SAMSUNG QE55Q6FAMT. Not seen many reviews on this set, so couldn't tell you how good it is. All I know is that the LG OLED's seem to on top of most reviewers lists.

The Q7 and higher only have more saturated colours with HDR. They aren't more vibrant than OLEDs and since they have a worse contrast ratio can actually seem less vibrant than OLEDs.

The Q6 we know nothing about, it's only been released for a couple of months. It's not UHD premium certified but until it's reviewed I'm not sure which are it lacks in compared to the higher end models. It that's the deal Currys advertised is bordering against trading standards and does not represent good value at all. Do yourself a favour and don't even consider buying from them!

If you want to go the LCD route the Sony models generally are a lot better but still,.not stand out contenders compared to the OLEDs.

Can you post a link please?
The deal has finished unfortunately, not to say it won't be back in the next few days. Also, John Lewis currently don't have any stock till about the 15th.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom