2019 Coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2) hits the UK

Interesting paper though - seems like he cooperated in the study in exchange for fraud charges being dropped - no adverse effects, nor catching of Covid it would appear. Something to annoy the tinfoilers, or they'll conveniently ignore those facts and see him as a NWO-WEF-WHO globalist wackjob vaxxer great reset reptilian big farmer (sic) shill.

Dr Susan Oliver's take ...

For some strange reason, antivaxxers seem to think that telling you to “GET YOUR BOOSTER” is a devastating insult. In this video, Dr Susan Oliver and Cindy the dog look at the case of a man who got 217 Covid vaccines and was fine.

This is too much woke-ism. What's next? Is she going to tell us that vaccines help protect us from being ill? What an unthinkable idea!

@krish, thank you for this. It really made my day, specially on dark, rainy like today.

I must say that I am one of the those afraid of needles, but I always jump at the possibility of having a vaccine. Not 217 :rotfl:

I feel a certain amount of disquiet in trumpeting this particular case too loudly. For one thing, a sample of one with no control tells us nothing about the potential consequences of vastly exceeding the recommended dose frequency, beyond the obvious of being able to discount the kind of toxicity we see with, say, rattlesnake venom.

More than that, I see that the man in question was 62 and that doctors had access to frozen blood samples taken over the last few years, which rather suggests that he's being treated for something. Putting it bluntly, there's a distinct possibility that he might well develop some medical condition, even die, over the course of the next 5, 10, 20 (who knows, maybe even 30) years. Whichever it is, you can guarantee that there'll be someone who will seize on that and attribute it to his vaccination status, accompanied by nudges and winks, and that their audience will lap it up.

That assumes that his future status is made public, and medical confidentiality makes it likely that it won't be, except for in an anonymised fashion. And that opens the door to another set of conspiracy theories in which he has really died, or developed this, that or the other condition... but "of course 'they' wouldn't admit that".

I feel a certain amount of disquiet in trumpeting this particular case too loudly. For one thing, a sample of one with no control tells us nothing about the potential consequences of vastly exceeding the recommended dose frequency, beyond the obvious of being able to discount the kind of toxicity we see with, say, rattlesnake venom.

More than that, I see that the man in question was 62 and that doctors had access to frozen blood samples taken over the last few years, which rather suggests that he's being treated for something. Putting it bluntly, there's a distinct possibility that he might well develop some medical condition, even die, over the course of the next 5, 10, 20 (who knows, maybe even 30) years. Whichever it is, you can guarantee that there'll be someone who will seize on that and attribute it to his vaccination status, accompanied by nudges and winks, and that their audience will lap it up.

That assumes that his future status is made public, and medical confidentiality makes it likely that it won't be, except for in an anonymised fashion. And that opens the door to another set of conspiracy theories in which he has really died, or developed this, that or the other condition... but "of course 'they' wouldn't admit that".
I think she was very clear on the sample of one and that he did it against the doctors’ advice whilst debunking some conspiracists’ myths.

The frozen blood samples could indeed suggest he was treated for something. It could also be some scientific study, his paranoia or legal requirement.

I do see you point on how this could fuel conspiracy theories. However, they do flourish on certain segments of the population without any reason.

A man who is 62 died, well many people die around that age, if he were to die in the next 5 to 30 years, again, anyone of us could die in that period, someone who is 62 will reach the tender age of 92. Antivaxxers will always find a link no matter what, even when it has been clearly demonstrated there is none.

Yesterday I received a phone call from my GP asking me to participate in a long COVID survey called Newcastle or something similar, anybody done this?

Also, is COVID doing the rounds again, for nearly a week now I've been under the weather, typical flu symptoms with loss of taste.
It wouldn't surprise me if there is currently a spike in covid cases, I doubt we will hear about it through the media though, anyone would think the pandemic is over according to them.

If there is a spike, expect people to react far too late so it spreads like wildfire again.

It wouldn't surprise me if there is currently a spike in covid cases, I doubt we will hear about it through the media though, anyone would think the pandemic is over according to them.

If there is a spike, expect people to react far too late so it spreads like wildfire again.

20240314_153217.jpg

While I've had reservations in the past about the current ONS methodology when it comes to evaluating absolute infection levels, I feel more confident about determination of relative levels and trends, which show a decrease compared with the last peak back in mid-life December.

Which is in no way meant to suggest that Covid has in any way "gone away", but it does seem to have settled down to a background level that drifts up and down over time. That being so, some people will   be infected at any given time. Conversely, it's worth remembering that other respiratory infections are also available, and some of those can be downright unpleasant too.

Don't know what this is that I have at the moment, not Covid done multiple tests all negative. However, had a rotten cough for over 3 weeks. Which started getting worse last week so ended up on Antibiotics which have helped slightly but I'm coughing up miniscule ammounts of green Phlegm. Sense of taste and smell been dulled now for 3 weeks. Getting fed up of this especially when I get coughing fits. It's pretty nasty plenty of people round here have had simmilar. One person said it's taken them over 100 days to get rid of it.

I’ve had cough like this since last September, it’s actually whooping cough. Antibiotics do nothing outside the contagious period which is very early on in the infection.

Been told by the doctor I will get over it when I get over it and there is nothing they can do.

Whooping cough is also known as the 100 day cough

Follow up ...

A dodgy substack is claiming the study of the man who got 217 Covid vaccines and was fine is fake. In this video, Dr Susan Oliver and Cindy the dog go back to the science and show that the substack is a perfect example of how antivaxxers misrepresent studies and leave out critical information to mislead their followers.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom