Status
Not open for further replies.
Can it. Yes.

However, the forum does not advocate piracy or allow discussion of illegal downloads or streaming.

We can discuss ripping our own content and how to play it back.
Your Apple TV4K can play these types of files back using apps such as Infuse or MrMC but will not do Atmos on external media as far as I know, only on apps such as Netflix, it's one of the few flaws in an otherwise excellent media streamer (all the other ATV's were garbage).

There's a whole area of the forum devoted to media streamers - Video Streaming Boxes & Services

Last edited:
Hi thanks for your reply,

i totally agree with the stance on piracy and its why i got the UPB-X800 to enjoy movies the way they should be.

Basically i have some dolby, DTS and IMAX demo’s downloaded from the digital theatre website which i assume is legit and legal, just to test and setup my system really. I was left scratching my head at why my tv is MKV only and bluray is M2TS only. its a pain trying to flick through the demos and having to switch the input. Some demo’s fail to play audio at all when they are lossless and was thinking do i need a purpose built media player to handle these.

This is my first apple TV as all the others seemed totally useless, iv got this to get the Atmos from Netflix and the new appleTV+ Service.

Apple TV's are great for streaming services but a bit limited with what the can play with files.

Something like a Zappiti player or a Vero will player Atmos and DTS X MKV's with ease.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom