30 Movies for 2019 - article discussion

I'll wait for the blurays :D

I haven't been to the cinema since watching The Force Awakens. The local one is utter turd. It's run by locals, and it's just an old town hall with folding chairs and a rather poor PJ. Next closest is a 3 hour round trip. no thanks.
Do you live on Craggy Island! :laugh:

Rural Gascony. There are cinemas closer, but they don't show them in English. So 1.5hours (plus parking etc) to Toulouse and back again. Easy 100 notes for fuel, tolls, food, tickets, parking etc

Not worth it.

Thanks Cas, it looks like the year is mapped out. I rarely ever went to the cinema, maybe once a year. Marvel changed that. Now it's getting silly :) This could be the first year that it's worth me getting an unlimited card assuming it works at the IMAX. I checked, no IMAX. Bummer!

[UK 1 January] The Favourite - looks very interesting but not the kind of film I go to the cinema to see.

[UK 18 January] - Glass - Very Interesting.Probably a *cough* disc *cough* watch.
[UK 6 February] Alita: Battle Angel - Rodriguez? Hmmm.
[UK 8 February] - The Lego Movie 2: The Second Part- Yes.
[UK March 8] - Captain Marvel- Yes.
[UK 15 March] - Us - Get Out was excellent. Might actually see this one at the cinema.
[UK 26 April] - Avengers: Endgame - Well Duh !!!
[UK 17 May] - John Wick 3: Parabellum- John Wick vs The RAID !!!!!
[UK 7 June] - X-Men: Dark Phoenix - Dodgy trailer, not a great track record.
[US 5 July] - Spider-Man: Far From Home - Yes.
[UK 26 July] - Once Upon a Time in Hollywood - Ridiculous cast, ridculous premise.
Can't wait to see the trailer on this one.

[UK 2 August]- Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw - Could be fun.
[UK 6 September] - It: Chapter Two - Interesting to see where they take this.
[US 20 December] - Star Wars IX - Make or break?

P.S.
Serenity [US 25 January] - Joss says that this is Blasphemy! Well he probably doesn't but he should ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Top of the list looks good, especially the Irishman and the two costume dramas. Think I'll probably give the bottom half a miss.

Hard to build up much enthusiasm for most of the sequels/remakes etc. Godzilla trailer rocks mind.

Several of the originals look quite tasty though.:thumbsup:

Under The Silver Lake is truly, utterly, absolutely terrible. The whole time it screams "Look at me! Look how clever and 'inside' I am!" but inchoate and incoherent barely scratch the surface of its self-indulgence turned all the way up to 11 awfulness. Fingers crossed the thing from It Follows catches up with David Robert Mitchell before he makes another film.

Lots of advanced screenings for cinema chain members, sometimes weeks ahead. However they are usually for the smaller films and not the blockbusters. To be honest I doubt you'll be seeing Captain Marvel ahead of the official release date.

But I will ;).

There are more non sequels that have gem like qualities:

What about:

The Mule
Stan & Ollie
Vice
Rhythm Section
Destroyer
Boy Erased
Captive State
Bright Boy

I will almost certainly watch most of the movies listed at some point, but the only movie that will get me out to the cinema is Endgame, just as Infinity War was the only one I went to see this year. Maybe Captain Marvel if it turns out to be a must-watch before the Avengers return, as I guess it won’t be available at home before then.

If its Endgame, does that mean no more Avengers/Marvel movies?

If its Endgame, does that mean no more Avengers/Marvel movies?

Given that the one coming after it is mentioned in the preview here, no

Replicas already the most shittiest movie of 2019. Horrible acting, terrible camera work and the script is just a pile of garbage

I think he gets early screening for work. Might be another guy though.

The only ones I'm genuinely excited about are:
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood
It Part 2
Star Wars 9 (seems I'm one of the few who liked 7 and 8)

I've really reached the end of my enthusiasm for superhero films, but I'll probably see Avengers just to round things off.

Will any non-US/UK films be released in 2019?

Only 5 on my list to watch from that, possibly 6 depending on what spoilers I can get from Avengers.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom