Gemini Man
Joker
Zombieland 2
Charlie's Angels
Midway
Frozen 2
Jumanji 3
Star Wars : Episode 9

Yeah there are a lot I'm looking forward to seeing this year, hopefully get to go to cinema for:

Alita Battle Angel I've been looking forward to for a long time, I bet it'll disappoint :D

Glass, I really enjoyed Split so hopefully this will be as good.

Green Book and Under the Silver Lake both look like films worthy of a cinema trip.

Then there's all the usual marvel blockbusters and Star Wars 9 that I will probably go to see as well. Lots of the others I'd like to see as well, Hellboy, John Wick 3 for example, but I'll have to wait for home viewings for most of those.

Uh, quick correction, Captain Marvel is set in the 90's, not 80's.

Got to laugh at the congestion towards the end of May and start of June. It's almost like there's something coming out late April that everyone wants to be as far away from as possible... Works for me though, makes it much easier to flex the ol' Unlimited card and knock off a few films in a single visit!

For that matter while I know it's the in thing at the moment to hate on Disney good lord have they done a great job of getting their movie making in order. Recent live action updates of classic animation have been pretty damn good, Marvel has possibly the best ever run of consistently high quality films, Pixar are still delivering great stuff, the in-house animation is still good and Star Wars has delivered decent to great entries in a series with possibly the most toxic fandom in pop culture. If all the major studios could get that sort of success rate we'd be in a amazing time for cinema.

I cannot wait for the next Frozen song to be stuck in my head.

zrJHD2g.png

Appreciate it's all opinion and conjecture at this point... But I don't get out to the cinema much these days and was wondering if "advanced previews" are still a thing? If so, do you think Captain Marvel might get advanced screenings? And... final if so... do you think said advanced screenings would be a week prior? I ask because my daughter birthday is the 2nd of March and she'd literally explode if I managed to get her to see this "early".

Appreciate it's all opinion and conjecture at this point... But I don't get out to the cinema much these days and was wondering if "advanced previews" are still a thing? If so, do you think Captain Marvel might get advanced screenings? And... final if so... do you think said advanced screenings would be a week prior? I ask because my daughter birthday is the 2nd of March and she'd literally explode if I managed to get her to see this "early".

Lots of advanced screenings for cinema chain members, sometimes weeks ahead. However they are usually for the smaller films and not the blockbusters. To be honest I doubt you'll be seeing Captain Marvel ahead of the official release date.

Try to see less than 3 of the Disney movies out this year. Er, what? See less than 3 movies? Don't watch all 3 Disney movies? Captain Marvel, Avengers and SW Ep9 will do for me. Clearly I'm not reading this headline quite right!!

I don't really care who makes films, as long as they're worth seeing. I'll never understand the anti Disney brigade either, they're an entertainment company and they do it very well.

Anyway, Alita; I want to be interested but the CGI still doesn't look right.

The Favourite; curious but not sure I need to see it in a cinema.

Toy Story 4; yes, cinema!

X-Men; on the strength of the trailer, not a chance, this franchise needs a long rest.

Fast & Furious; no thanks.

Spiderman 2; yeah, cinema.

And that's the cinema budget blown for 2019!

Well, Hollywood proving once again that it has no new ideas.

The only two I'd be down for are Glass and Us, although Us looks like a blended version of The Strangers and any Body Snatchers movie.

Well, Hollywood proving once again that it has no new ideas.

The only two I'd be down for are Glass and Us, although Us looks like a blended version of The Strangers and any Body Snatchers movie.

Hollywood has plenty of 'ideas'. People don't want to watch them.

It wasn’t Rian Johnson that had an inauspicious departure from Star Wars Ep 9 (although he should never direct again after Ep 8) - it was Colin Trevorrow

I'll wait for the blurays :D

I haven't been to the cinema since watching The Force Awakens. The local one is utter turd. It's run by locals, and it's just an old town hall with folding chairs and a rather poor PJ. Next closest is a 3 hour round trip. no thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom