Question 32”- 37” Tv for watching blu-ray movies

shateone

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
so... answering all your question in advanced will hopefully make it easier for you to give me an advice.

sources: standard hd blu-ray player , standard hd netflix, mubi (no fibre connection)

Usage: 100% hd, 100% movies

maximum distance viewing point: just below 2 meters

angle view: I mostly watch the TVstraight on, but possibly wide angle

viewing condition: mostly at night and with low light if not completely dark set up

current tv/what I’m looking to buy: 2010’s old plasma tv, 37”. I guess today I would get to buy an LCD/LED screen. I don’t expect any particular upgrades, I don’t necessarily need a tv with good “smart” features as I’m using amazon fire stick and I’m pretty happy about it. what I mostly look for is the picture quality in terms of fidelity of colours. I don’t really look for hdr/enhanced pictures mode, as I mostly watch movies on blu ray from 50’s till 80’ (No block-busters no special effect movies full of cgi or stuff like that). So a well out-the-box balanced screen.

Picture quality attributes in order of most important first:
How Accurate picture out the box
SDR/HDR Colour accuracy
Blacks/Local dimming
SDR/HDR colour saturation
SDR/HDR colour brightness

Price range 200/350£ . I know this is a very low band and I don’t expect anything fancy really.

Connections: 2x hdmi, scart, aux cable

Here some options I’ve been considering
-Sony KDL-32WD751 32" Full HD Smart LED
-SONY BRAVIA KDL32WE613 32" Smart HDR LED TV
-HISENSE 32A5600FTUK 32-inch Full HD 1080P

Thanks in advance

Slim pickings at smaller sizes nowadays I'm afraid, they are all low tier models and none really stand out against each other. I'd go with whichever is cheapest and can be purchased from a retailer with good customer service, return policy and warranty support.

Slim pickings at smaller sizes nowadays I'm afraid, they are all low tier models and none really stand out against each other. I'd go with whichever is cheapest and can be purchased from a retailer with good customer service, return policy and warranty support.

Thanks your reply , fair enoguh 😪 I get that... I was reading some of your posts, where you advise against Sony/Samsung or similar as they don’t upgrade their 32” models every year whereas Hisense do. Would that be true for the models I’ve posted or you don’t know?

At this point I’m also considering to buy an old second hand model on ebay, what do you think?

if you could fit this in and its just a little over your budget

I can barely fit the 37” I have know, so I doubt a 43” would eheh but thanks for the advice!

Thanks foreh, fair enoguh 😪 I get that... I was reading some of your posts, where you advise against Sony/Samsung or similar as they don’t upgrade their 32” models every year whereas Hisense do. Would that be true for the models I’ve posted or you don’t know?
Usually yes, the Hisense you picked out is a 2020 model whilst the two Sony's are 2016 (WD) and 2017 (WE) so the Hisense is a much younger, and more up to date TV. Will bode well with time so its smart functions are supported a bit longer.

LG also make 32" TVs that they updated in 2019, search for those here:

Samsung actually have a new 2020 model range they released in 2020 so they may be good options too:

The older manufacturers seem to only update models every few years. Hisense have refreshed them each year.

Thank you very much for the answers! At the end I’ve found this second hand entry-level 32” Samsung (Here is a link). Very satisfied overall especially with the colours accuracy!

Thank you very much for the answers! At the end I’ve found this second hand entry-level 32” Samsung (Here is a link). Very satisfied overall especially with the colours accuracy!
Great! Glad you are happy. D is a 2013 model I think, they still made decent smaller TVs then.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom