Question 43PUS6754/12 - Dolby Atmos Audio Glitch

shaynzka

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi

Not sure if anyone else is having the same audio glitch with their Xbox One X or any other hardware that supports Dolby Atmos.

Serious Dolby Atmos audio glitch with the latest update; TPM196E_003.051.041 where the audio randomly stops working. Only way around is to power off/on the tv at the mains or wait for the tv to restart automatically with the Philips boot logo.

Xbox One X is connected via HDMI (supplied cable from Microsoft). Dolby Atmos is enabled on the Xbox One X and the TV supports Dolby Atmos. Randomly the audio will stop working on the tv. Changing the volume on the tv doesn't help. Either have to wait for the tv to restart with Philips boot logo or power off/on at the mains. I have factory reset the tv, tried three different high quality HDMI cable. I have tried different HDMI ports. These methods do not work. I have TV speakers selected in the settings. I've noticed this audio glitch with the latest update. Didn't happen with the previous update.

I have connected the Xbox One X to Sony 4K tv which supports Dolby Atmos audio which works fine. No random glitch where the audio stops. So the Xbox One X is not at fault which I can confirm.

Is there any Philips staff here that can have a look at this or maybe they already know about the audio glitch? I've posted on the Philips forums, see if I get any response.

By the way this tv is fantastic!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom