47 Ronin 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
Ive still not gotten around to watching this, still dunno if i wanna watch it lol

One of the worst films I have ever seen at the cinema. Absolutely terrible. Not even worth giving a numerical score to it.

I've got the 3D blu ray, it's really not bad at all imo, and yes, i will obviously have to buy the 4k disc now and blast the DTS-X track..cheers Cas.

I quite enjoyed this film. Yes it got a bit confusing, but Keanu is always watchable and it was an entertaining watch. Critics have been overly harsh.

you lost me at "flawed".

It was okay but only as a fan of the genre. Keanu just about saved it but conversely expect better with a film with him these days.

It’s a funny one this film because it is one unscrupulous script edit and one visionary director away from being brilliant. I mean, on paper, the elements are there, but the execution is just incredibly average.

Just realised I have the 3D blu-ray of this in a compilation box I got for a couple of quid and never watched. Might give it a go tonight.

This has been bargain bin movie for ages though - I can't see why anyone would drop 20 quid on the 4K. It's also a strange release when there are so many much better movies still not available on 4K.

Just realised I have the 3D blu-ray of this in a compilation box I got for a couple of quid and never watched. Might give it a go tonight.

This has been bargain bin movie for ages though - I can't see why anyone would drop 20 quid on the 4K. It's also a strange release when there are so many much better movies still not available on 4K.
Because people like me are useless at saying no, and i cant resist if the new audio track is DTS-X/Atmos. :thumbsup:

So I watched the 3D blu-ray last night. Definitely never seen it before, so nice to work on my shameful backlog of unwatched discs.

Actually quite enjoyed the movie, a pleasant surprise. Treated as a fantasy adventure, it was quite good. Not one I will watch again in a hurry, but the visuals are great and the set design, costumes and VFX all really good. Keanu is completely redundant and virtually mute, and it’s really obvious which bits are added to the traditional story, but his presence doesn’t hurt it either. I also thought this was a good looking and sounding blu-ray, although the 3D was a bit cardboard cutout and switched it back to 2D before the end.

So a decent watch-once movie. I’m sure the 4K looks and sounds good, but given that you can pick up the Blu-ray for £1.74 from Amazon, I still the 4K is a tough sell.

Watched it for the first time last night. 'Flawed'? I really enjoyed it. Interesting story, thought it was a good watch

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom