pazzy2009

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi ,
I have a Samsung 4K HDR (model. UE43KU6400XXC ) TV, I got a 4k BD player (panasonic DP-UB150) and BD is connected to a receiver (Panasonic SU-HTB550) ,
I got a 4K HDMI cable ....
For now I connect the 4K player direct to the TV with the 4K HDMI cable and when I check the status it says 4K .... if I go through the receiver it has 24P displayed - fair enough.

My question is, is this due to the receiver, or due to the fact that I have an older HDMI cable connecting the receiver to the TV ?
Or If I get another 4K HDMI cable and connect that Receiver - TV, will I get the full 4K signal to the TV ?

The receiver cannot pass through 4K signals. You will have to connect the BR player direct to the TV and then use either optical out from the BR player to the receiver for Dolby Digital or DTS SD audio.

HDMI cable spec hasn't changed since Category 2/High Speed cables were introduced with HDMI 1.3 circa 2007-2008 so your cable would have to be very old

The receiver cannot pass through 4K signals. You will have to connect the BR player direct to the TV and then use either optical out from the BR player to the receiver for Dolby Digital or DTS SD audio.
OK , nice I do have an ARC HDMI port on the TV so I'll give it a try, but perhaps that will introduce a delay to the sound ?

ill see how it goes ...

Thanks!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom