4K Disc Delivery Updates

Has anyone received the Sherlock 4ks from Warnerbros store? Still showing as pre-order awaiting despatch. Zoom and HMV managed to get mondays pre-orders to me, but not Warners. Is this typical of their service?

I ordered the Batman 4Ks from them and I remember they didn’t ship until after the official release date.

Thanks, I’ll not preorder in future from them if I want on release day. Very happy with HMV though - early and proper packaging (none of the zoom plastic bag business!)

Same status here.
Beetlejuice/Goonies went out earlier in week.
I usually pre-order from Warner and they are usually very good at getting items to you before the Monday.
Unfortunately not for this item - but it's a one off blip in my experience.

Anyone not had their Rogue One 4k from Zoom? Ordered it last Tuesday, was in stock and it stated dispatched on Wednesday, but still not received it, which is unusual from my experience.

Edit: I guess I should wait the full 5 working days before pursuing.

Anyone not had their Rogue One 4k from Zoom? Ordered it last Tuesday, was in stock and it stated dispatched on Wednesday, but still not received it, which is unusual from my experience.

Edit: I guess I should wait the full 5 working days before pursuing.

Ordered 8 at the same time. Received 5 of them so far. Hoping the rest show up soon

Zavvi really are the pits. Ordered 2 last Friday and here we are on Wednesday and still not dispatched. And they actually charge a couple of quid on top for delivery ! I swore I would never use them again but one of the titles is out of stock everywhere else.

Does Zaavi let you return for slip damage? I wasn't sure reading their returns policy. I only had one come with damage and I will probably live with it as I purchased as part of the 2 for £30 deal so would need to send 2 back.

If you are thinking of getting the Star Wars 4Ks for the nice slips, please do yourself a favour and don't use Zavvi.

8 ordered from Zavvi, 8 arrived with noticeable slip damage because they insist on sending them out individually in oversized jiffy bags that mean the contents can freely move about. All of them will be going back. 2 arrived from HMV today in practically mint condition.

I'd stick to HMV and Zoom, in that order.

Does Zaavi let you return for slip damage? I wasn't sure reading their returns policy. I only had one come with damage and I will probably live with it as I purchased as part of the 2 for £30 deal so would need to send 2 back.

It'll probably just go back as a standard return in their eyes, but I have free Paypal returns at least. Would much rather give my money to someone like Zoom who are much easier to deal with, so I don't mind a bit of hassle returning.

Today’s delivery from Zavvi. These are absolutely GORGEOUS! Well worth £15 each. Just a shame that number 4 is that horrible brown colour that doesn’t go with this set.
4C990634-B063-47C9-A334-6D679F6CEDAE.jpeg

I ordered those toy story steel books from Zavvi and have only received no.2 (which I received the day before the dispatch email was sent), and no.3 which was supposedly sent a day before still hasn't turned up a week later. I stopped using them for years and now I remember why. Now just going through the automated response merry go round.

Finally got my Zoom replacement Rise of Skywalker!

20200917_141113_copy_544x868.jpg

20200917_141504_copy_544x521.jpg

Slightly off topic but relevant to 4k disc orders... last Saturday (12th) I ordered a few DC comics T-shirts in the 2 for 25 deal from Zavvi and a week later they still haven't been dispatched!! Ridiculous. They're obviously really struggling at the moment.

Whiplash is looking good for early delivery for those of us who have ordered from zoom. Payment taken early this morning

Whiplash is looking good for early delivery for those of us who have ordered from zoom. Payment taken early this morning

Great. I paid using Paypal (where you pay at the time of purchase) so that is good to hear. Early feedback on blurry.com is positive.

dispatched this morning 👍

Just received my JB-HiFi order of three for two Pixar 4k's. Dispatched 25th Aug so only 4 weeks and no import duty to pay despite package being marked Aud$43.16. Well pleased :D

IMG_20200924_120041266.jpg

Just received my JB-HiFi order of three for two Pixar 4k's. Dispatched 25th Aug so only 4 weeks
View attachment 1371204

I assume there must have been a backlog or something because my order that dispatched on the 24th Aug turned up last week, but my order that was sent on the 4th Aug only just arrived today.

IMG_20200929_124151.jpg

no import duty to pay despite package being marked Aud$43.16. Well pleased :D

I see your $43 and raise you ;)

IMG_20200929_124007_BURST4.jpg

Makes a change for me, been shafted on more than one occasion with RM's £8 "handling" fees :rolleyes:

has anyone noticed any delays re packages when they arrive in the country? I had a disc sent by Mario which arrived in London "delivered to local post agent" within 5 days (a record!). A week later hasn't arrived yet. I wonder if packages are being quarantined by customs?

has anyone noticed any delays re packages when they arrive in the country? I had a disc sent by Mario which arrived in London "delivered to local post agent" within 5 days (a record!). A week later hasn't arrived yet. I wonder if packages are being quarantined by customs?
I'm still waiting on a book from the US that shipped on 26th October, it's been confirmed it's still on the way but I have no idea how much longer it will be.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom