4K Disc Delivery Updates

Hadn’t even considered this. Just emailed them. Thanks.
on future orders just do as i said above on your order page makes it easier.:) just ask for gst back as doesn't apply.

Same result from JB.....refunded me GST straight away. They have apologised about a pre-order and they can’t do in advance. They have asked me to email again when shipped and they will refund.

The natural 4k arrived. It's not a massive upgrade on the bluray. I have the American import. Im not side5if it out over here.
The bluray looks vvg. Not much has been done with the flashback stuff as i believe that RR was screened to try and hide his age.
Thankfully this 4k version respects that technique. The main movie set in the movies present looks very nice. Hdr is nicely done and is subtle.
This is a nice 4k blu ray. The original didn't exactly sell on bluray in the UK so it's highly unlikely to sell on 4k bluray.
As a movie its way way better than field of dreams.
The natural is one of my favourite movies. Im not convinced by the dc tho. There are at least three versions of the movie. Some important parts of the bluray version are missing in the dc. Just small vignettes, but important.

Anyone been waiting longer than usual for any recent Deep Discount orders? I typically get discs from them within 14-18 days but a batch that shipped out on the 17th of May, first part of a larger order, has yet to surface. I'll be curious to see if the second part of the order that shipped last week turns up but not the first (at least then I can probably assume the first is lost/stolen).

Yeg3Qb0l.jpg

Landed today.

Absolutely fed up with Universal UK staying mum over parts 4 and 5 getting a release over here, (not to mention other Universal catalogue titles), so I sold all the others and the digital copy from this. So, this set is costing me around £20 and I can live with that.

If anyone from mainland Europe has ordered from Zoom: how long did it take for items to arrive?
They shipped a parcel (without a tracking number) on Monday 3 June to Romania but no sign of it yet.
According to the info on their website, deliveries within EU should take 3 to 6 days, but that sounds unrealistic for the 2 quid shipping cost.
Dunno if I should be worried at this point...

If anyone from mainland Europe has ordered from Zoom: how long did it take for items to arrive?
They shipped a parcel (without a tracking number) on Monday 3 June to Romania but no sign of it yet.
According to the info on their website, deliveries within EU should take 3 to 6 days, but that sounds unrealistic for the 2 quid shipping cost.
My Zoom orders usually take 5-8 working days to arrive. Can take longer if there is a holiday in the UK or in the destination country.
I'd wait another week and then contact their CS if it hasn't turned up.

Not exactly the same distance but for deliveries to Southern Ireland I allow up to two weeks for anything to arrive from Zoom and to give you another example from a different company, the cheapest postage option from Amazon.it can take up to three weeks to arrive.

I wouldn’t give up hope yet :thumbsup:

Thank you, both!
I don't really care how long it will take to deliver the parcel, as long as it doesn't get lost on the way.
The lack of tracking is concerning, though.
I've had dozens of tracked orders delivered from Amazon UK/DE/US over the last few years, and the one time Amz UK decides to send me something untracked (Alien UHD and a couple others)... it never got here!
They made up for it by reshipping (again, untracked) but thankfully the second parcel made it through.
Hoping I'll have better luck with Zoom :)

Zoom never use a tracked option for deliveries outside the UK. FYI if your parcel doesn't turn up they'll send a replacement just like Amazon.

Finally delivered this week :)
It wasn't a replacement, though: when they first shipped the parcel, they didn't include the second line of my address; the parcel was returned to the UK and they sent it back to me again, this time with the full address specified on the shipping label. I live in a block of flats and that second line was essential, because the first line's max char limit only allows me to specify the street name and number.

Still waiting for Gladiator UHD to arrive (from the same order but shipped separately - I expect the same will happen with it) and am going to place another order with them to take advantage of the current 2-for-30 4k UHD promotion. Hopefully this new one will be delivered at the first attempt :)

In any case... shipping label mishap aside, excellent customer service from Zoom throughout once I contacted them.

So the weirdest thing. My Captain Marvel steelbook finally arrived from JB Hi-Fi. This was AUD49.98. Marked as a gift (as they do) and customs marked as a fee to pay. However, delivered and paid nothing. Not sure what’s happened here but I’ll take it.

E0D7B176-3AC5-4005-BF80-D95013E21C9B.jpeg
E0A7085F-6740-454B-B043-C78C59B68F46.jpeg

Just arrived from Germany

FreeSolo4K.jpg

Dumbo 4K despatched today by Zoom!

Look what was delivered today.
6AC5C51E-82F7-46B6-9E4C-178F5F51677E.jpeg

eKcGSkzl.jpg

Entire set is Region Free. Yes, even the BDs.
Why have they used a still from the titles to The Graham Norton Show for the cover?:D

eKcGSkzl.jpg

Entire set is Region Free. Yes, even the BDs.
100% all region free, even the extras? just checking as one of the reviews said blu's were locked and lionsgate are usually pretty good at locking to A/1 not doubting your region freeness one bit just checking before i buy it as i actually want to watch the extras on this lol usually just watch the 4K :)

Still waiting on last weekends 4 for £40 from zavvi dispatched a week ago only 1 turned up so far not looking good & the other 3 missing are also out of stock!

Oh yeah..

20190830_100602-879x1136.jpg

I'm still waiting on Chappie from Zavvi. I ordered 4 for £40 on 29th August, the other 3 arrived ok. Contacted them today and it's on its way apparently, not sure I believe them though!:(

Anyone received their Aladdin's yet? Either of them? They dispatched from Zoom as usual on Thursday but still nothing today, wonder if the iPhone release has given Royal Mail a backlog to work though.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom