4K / HDR playback working on Kodi - Windows 10

D

Deleted member 39241

I stumbled upon a Kodi fork here:

I have it working flawlessly on my HTPC with a Nvidia GTX1050 into an Arcam AVR550 / Samsung 65Q90R.

GPU usage is around 58%, desktop is set to 1920 x 1080 @50hz, when video playback starts and stops, the auto refresh rate / HDR switch changes it to 4K @ 24hz with the HDR switch going on and off automatically. Full HD audio passthrough is working, including atmos and the lip sync stays in time throughout the film. :)

This is great news (for me), others may find it useful too. Up to now I have been using a Vero 4K+ for 4K / HDR content and my HTPC for everything else, so it's very handy to not have to run a separate device.

Hi,

I have just installed this version but can't get Atmos working, do you have any tips or instructions? I have tried various combinations of Directsound and WASAPI, after enabling passthrough but it is not working.

I know Atmos works on other players but would really like to get it to work on Kodi.

Thanks

Hi, atmos is working okay for me, so it must be possible for you. One tip with Kodi is that you have to disable the sync audio to display option, as with this enabled you only get PCM. Other than that ensure that WASAPI audio output is selected for both the main audio device and for the audio passthrough device, and all of the boxes ticked for what audio to passthrough.

This version of Kodi has had a lot of updates, I tried some of the newer versions and they don't work so well for me, so I am sticking with an older version.

Thanks, that was it. Atmos is now working. Unfortunately, DTS:X is not, seems to be choppy and breaking up so I will have another look for that. Thanks for the Atmos fix, that was the main one.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom