4K Ultra HD Blu-rays Q & A & General Chit Chat About Price Drops + Links to 4k UHD retailers + Codes for Zavvi and how to use them + Old Stickys.

I find it is luck of the draw with JB.
I have had good and bad experiences in terms of customs charges etc.
They will always refund the local sales tax if you email them your order details.

I don’t buy many amarays these days as it’s mostly steelbooks that I get when new titles come out. Lately though I’ve bought quite a lot of catalog titles I already have a steelbook for on Blu Ray. In these instances I will put the 4K disc in my steelbook. Lately about 80% of all the discs I’ve got in the post have had loose discs in the box. These have all come from different retailers and postal methods. Have I just had a run of bad luck or is this quite common with amarays these days?

I see amazon.es have got a number of titles at less than 13 Euros if you don't mind non-english covers. most our available in our 2 for £20/£30 deals, but they also have Green Book and Backdraft (Llamaradas) neither of which are available in the UK.

JB got buy 1 get 1 free offer... got so excited that 1 put 38 discs in the basket to the tune of around $550 dollars (after the discounts) just under £300 not bad for the number of films I ordered.... then the postage came up and then it dawned on me that there's custom charges:(:(..... I gave up!

Thats a bit odd. Showing these for me. Top Gun

View attachment 1298056

as above
I'm afraid anyone who bought from this guy included me, looks like this is some sought of scam..he has suddenly zero items for sale, negative feedback is starting to pop up, hes not answering emails. and he has updated the items as lost or broken, so if you bought from him. i would suggest you check your details and start trying to reclaim your money. second time I've been stung with so called pre-sales!

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
as above
I'm afraid anyone who bought from this guy included me, looks like this is some sought of scam..he has suddenly zero items for sale, negative feedback is starting to pop up, hes not answering emails. and he has updated the items as lost or broken, so if you bought from him. i would suggest you check your details and start trying to reclaim your money. second time I've been stung with so called pre-sales!

Cheers. Yep, Some people have already started getting refunds without even asking. I haven’t had mine for WOW Yet so will wait for release date and then go through the process

Cheers. Yep, Some people have already started getting refunds without even asking. I haven’t had mine for WOW Yet so will wait for release date and then go through the process

i like to give people the benefit of the doubt..but hes updated my order as lost or broken, hasn't bothered to contact me or refund me, so I've started the process of reclaim now, shame really, but these pre-sales I've found are always a gamble on ebay

i like to give people the benefit of the doubt..but hes updated my order as lost or broken, hasn't bothered to contact me or refund me, so I've started the process of reclaim now, shame really, but these pre-sales I've found are always a gamble.

Yep, as long as you go in with your eyes open then, at worst, it is just a bit of pfaff.

i like to give people the benefit of the doubt..but hes updated my order as lost or broken, hasn't bothered to contact me or refund me, so I've started the process of reclaim now, shame really, but these pre-sales I've found are always a gamble on ebay

I'm in the same boat as you, but haven't started the reclaim process with eBay yet. Did you get a response from them yet?

I'm in the same boat as you, but haven't started the reclaim process with eBay yet. Did you get a response from them yet?

i go straight to paypal resolution centre, I find them faster at opening a case and responding etc....ebay take forever.

Ebay just sent email cancelling orders claiming account had be hacked now to start a claim

Ebay just sent email cancelling orders claiming account had be hacked now to start a claim

I just got the same and started the claims process. I think this will be the last time I look at ordering from any of these guys. If it looks too good to be true, it usually is.

Same here. Refund already received.

I also had email from ebay. Followed instructions refund hit my PayPal 5 mins later.

might order from amazon now... £19.99.

Also he’s managed to have all negative feedback removed. I smell a scam from seller

In fairness, eBay have said that the seller's account was hacked. If that was the case (I expect eBay has the proof of that), then it would only be right that negative feedback for these transactions was removed.

I got my refunds through very quickly after eBay notified me.

Also he’s managed to have all negative feedback removed. I smell a scam from seller

i think the account was hijacked so it seems reasonable that the negative feedback is removed once the genuine account holder has got control back.

You can’t even leave feedback for these transactions sellers gets his account cleaned and can do this again. Easy way to get money for a month Or so interest free

Why did it take so long for the account holder notice his account t was hacked ?
Deffo a scam some people actually got refunds even before ebay noticed! I don't believe his account was hacked it was Deffo the original seller pulling a fast one. Because I've started my claim with PayPal, I cant claim via ebay!

First email I've ever had saying you've been ripped off from ebay!

Very convenient get out clause for the seller , my account was hacked yeah right..those listing were up for weeks! He's a liar...Still learnt my lesson never again!

Last edited:
There’s only one I want here but I can stretch to two although I refuse to pay for delivery, anyway to get free delivery with Zavvi?
I actually only want Alita.
Try code ACFREE

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom