4K Ultra HD Blu-rays Q & A & General Chit Chat About Price Drops + Links to 4k UHD retailers + Codes for Zavvi and how to use them + Old Stickys.

CD10E88F-DE67-44D1-BB3D-79F0D329CCA8.jpeg

Coolshop done the business again £14.25:clap:

Could be an error but Zavvi have Terminator Dark Fate in there 2 for £30 offer. As it's not out yet wonder if there trying to upsell due to poor performance at Box Office

Could be an error but Zavvi have Terminator Dark Fate in there 2 for £30 offer. As it's not out yet wonder if there trying to upsell due to poor performance at Box Office
I've just ordered my copy with Apocalypse now.

I also picked up Rambo First Blood Part II & III steel books for £10.79 each (after 10% off). They don't have the steel book of the first one in stock for the matching set though.

I've just ordered my copy with Apocalypse now.

I also picked up Rambo First Blood Part II & III steel books for £10.79 each (after 10% off). They don't have the steel book of the first one in stock for the matching set though.
I have all 3 and Last Blood Steel where is UK Rambo Steel to complete set. Have pre-order for Dark Fate Steelbook with HMV for £29.99 and will stick with it as tempting as it is want HMV to continue.

Nice. I had my eye on T2 in the 2 for 30 offers on Zavvi and HMV, but was struggling to pair it up with something that I really wanted, so this is ideal.

The Elephant Man 4k 40th Anniversary Edition is up on HMV for pre-order at £34.99 says 6th April 202 At that price was expecting 1st April release 🤪 Not a criticism of film just the price.

If it follows the trend of other Studio Canal releases like Deer Hunter, Don’t Look Now etc the expensive first release with all the swag will be followed within six months by a discs only effort for £20.

Is it me or is there a dearth of 4K deals right now? It seems that deals are being put on hold this month?! Im gonna wait it out anyway.
Late January. Sales are over. Retailers don’t push as its a time that’s generally frugal

Late January. Sales are over. Retailers don’t push as its a time that’s generally frugal
Yep. Its weird though. You'd think they'd be trying to sell as much as possible but hey...Ill bet Im not the only one waiting for inevitable deals.

Im kicking myself for not picking up Once Upon a Time in Hollywood 4K from HMV pre Xmas but I felt too guilty about buying myself too much stuff!

Zoom have weekend deals again. But don't get too excited Life, Moon, Star Trek Beyond and The Mummy(Tom Cruise🤪😱😕) £9.99 each

Bought Ant Man 4k and Doctor Strange 4k.
When both are in basket it comes up with 2 for $40 4k promotion and knocks another $3.49 off each bringing it down to $14 each, $28 plus delivery in total.

Strange (pun intended)
Been a while since I bought from JB, did they charge postage? If so I'm afraid your about to be hit with import tax and a Royal Mail handling fee. And even if they posted the whole lot for less than the $28.57 import limit they've been known to sometimes declare the full value on the packaging. It's always best to order every disc individually with them.

Been a while since I bought from JB, did they charge postage? If so I'm afraid your about to be hit with import tax and a Royal Mail handling fee. And even if they posted the whole lot for less than the $28.57 import limit they've been known to sometimes declare the full value on the packaging. It's always best to order every disc individually with them.

Good to know, I thought the max value was £36GBP for goods from Oz. But if its as low $28.57 I'll cancel.

Any idea of JBs approximate shipping times to UK. Website says arrives before 30th March, but presume around 10 days is the norm?

Thinking of ordering a couple in the offer - like you say it adds even more discount once in the basket. Looking at Alita, Interstellar, and also might go for Joker as it’s out over there and a decent price. Total cost for all 3 plus delivery is £35.

I assume they are customer friendly and post then separately marked under the import allowance?

Not sure. but see above posts.

Good to know, I thought the max value was £36GBP for goods from Oz. But if its as low $28.57 I'll cancel.

Did notice on order that each disc had a different estimated delivery date.
Do you think they would be sending separately? The delivery cost was double the amount compared to a single disc purchase.

Last edited:
Just £15 unfortunately. Which at the official HMRC exchange rate for January of AUD$1.905 to the pound is $28.57

Cheers for your help, I've sent a message to JB Hifi to see if they are sending separately and if not to cancel order.

Any idea of JBs approximate shipping times to UK. Website says arrives before 30th March, but presume around 10 days is the norm?
My last order took 30 days (probably due to the christmas/new year period). Usually around 14 days in transit and then however long they take to ship. Recently this has been a week or more so I'd be looking at 21 days for delivery.
I assume they are customer friendly and post then separately marked under the import allowance?
No.
They have a habit of putting total order value before discounts are taken off. So for BOGOF offer the price of both discs not just the one being paid for. Your discounted 2 for $40 has a chance of being marked $40 even though the discounted sale price is $28.
I only ever order one at a time from them for that reason.

Last edited:
I'm trying to order Avengers triple for under $21 plus postage but JB Hifi says this item cannot be posted to UK......anyone else had similar issue?

Worth pointing out also that HMRC apply the exchange rate at time of arrival in the UK. So given any discs ordered from abroad today won't be delivered until sometime in Feb, its February's exchange rate that is important, that $28.57 could go up or down a few cents so best to leave a margin and not to buy something costing $28.55

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom