Question 4x Peerless XLS 830452 for a music system - how to get the best from them?

surayne

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at building a pair of subs for a music-only system using 4 Peerless XLS 830452 drivers. I've read that these do best with a passive radiator but these are hard to find and would make the project unviable. I'd prefer a sealed box design (2 drivers in each box, either as dual opposed or replicating a Lyngdorf W210. Would I be able to get decent SPL near enough to 20Hz with this sort of design? Haven't decided on amplification yet but happy to listen to suggestions.

Depends what you mean by decent spl? 4 of them in sealed boxes should be able to get around 105db without room gain.

Funnily enough I did exactly that. Powered by an iNuke 3000 DSP. More than enough bass for me.

(Having said that I did end up adding another 4 as a NF Sub).

Give them at least 1500W to get the most out of them. I use a crown xls 1502, with two of these drivers wired in series, equals 1050W @8 Ohm bridged. If I built another identical sub, I'd be able to run 1550W through four at 4 ohm bridged.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom