Question 5.1.4 receiver on the budget

nedis

Novice Member
Hi guys! I want to have a 5.1.4 setup and wondering what is the most affordable option receiver wise for this setup?
My budget is basically up to €600. I hope there's something, otherwise I'll have to go with a soundbar

doug56hl

Distinguished Member
Hi guys! I want to have a 5.1.4 setup and wondering what is the most affordable option receiver wise for this setup?
My budget is basically up to €600. I hope there's something, otherwise I'll have to go with a soundbar
Unfortunately to do 5.1.4 with one box you would need a 9 amp channel receiver. The cheapest would be a Denon X3600 which is £699 in the UK and so is likely outside your budget. Cheaper receivers are available which can do 5.1.2

Otherwise look for used 2nd hand older 9 amp channel receivers like those from the Denon and Marantz range. You may be able to pick up a refurbished one with a warranty.

Last edited:

nedis

Novice Member
Unfortunately to do 5.1.4 with one box you would need a 9 amp channel receiver. The cheapest would be a Denon X3600 which is £699 in the UK and so is likely outside your budget. Cheaper receivers are available which can do 5.1.2

Otherwise look for used 2nd hand older 9 amp channel receivers like those from the Denon and Marantz range. You may be able to pick up a refurbished one with a warranty.
Thank you for pointing me in the right direction! Used or refurbished unit can indeed be a good option for me. Will look out for those!

Dasiz

or just save for an extra month or 2 idf nothing second hand comes up

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX 4K OLED TV Review: The best TV of 2020?
Top Bottom