Philips 50PUS8204/12 picture settings and issues

Been playing around with settings again, got fed up at not being able to afford an oled tv so decided to play with the hue and saturation and try and match the screen to my phone playing HDR content.

This tv is pretty rubbish at HDR 10, the colour just goes from the image, even turning colour to 100 makes little difference so I turned optimal hdmi off and to my surprise the image is pretty good. Ok my phone can do brighter bits but overall I was pretty impressed at the results I got. I will firm up settings tonight, write them all down and update this post later but everything looks like it's in HDR now.

Picture style: ISF day
Colour: 52
Contrast; 80
Sharpness: 2
Brightness: 48
Colour enhancement: off
Colour gamut: wide
Colour temp: custom 127,127,127
Colour control:
Red +1 -1
Yellow 0 +3
Green -3 -5
Cyan -3 -2
Blue -2 -3
Magenta +8 -4
Contrast mode: off
HDR upscaling: on
Dynamic contrast: off
Video contrast: 100
Light sensor: off
Gamma: 0
Ultra resolution: on
Picture clean; both off
Motion: movie or off

Last edited:
anyone had a recent play with settings? A full list would be really helpful. Seems a bit different since my last software update. Connected to sky q box

Can confirm updating to latest software resolves most of the previous problems. No more white flickering and motion problems.🙂
HDR still not great.

Says version 9. Can this be updated?
You can update to android 11 but Philips have not released the official ota update.It is available via usb update from another website.By the sound of it you are happy with the android 9 update so just stay with that.Philips are looking into resolving the dark image on hdr so another reason to hang fire.

I thought the last update fixed something, I am now using this as my PC/work screen and have replaced my living room TV. It's a shame it took them about 3 years to fix the flickering!

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom