Question 55 inch Vs 50 in difference

Square eyes 52

Novice Member
Reaction score
I recently decided to upgrade my old Samsung ueh486400 which I bought new in 2016 I think and after reading various threads decided to wait until after black Friday ...then on an impulse I bought a 50 inch Panasonic plasma from the classified section..it's a 2013 TX50VT65 and it's amazing for a few hundred quid...I'm blown away by how good it looks using my Manhattan Freeview box.So now I'm thinking I don't want the expense of an OLED just yet but wish I had gone a bit bigger.
.. there's a couple of these exact sets available on eBay/ classified etc in the 55 inch version .So my question is...will I notice a significant difference with a 55 compared to the 50..just wondering if anyone has had similar situation? Or shall I wait for a 65 to come up nearby?
I love the 50 but you know how it is...sets always seem to shrink after a few weeks😀.
Thanks

As you've alluded to yourself, whatever you buy you will adjust to as being "normal" in pretty short order. Also if you watch SD on Freeview they will actually look worse on a larger model.

I tend to watch HD mostly but yes I have probably answered my own question.
I think I have been quite lucky in that the set I have got has had one owner and been looked after and is immaculate so will probably keep.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom