Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Others

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

Renovatio

Novice Member
Reaction score
Dear friends

Greetings from Europe. I'm facing this real match among low budget tv, you want the bargain but all product seem to have pro and Cons..

So lets be clear: i can afford a 550-570 euros tv, and now chioce is:

Philips 55pus7303, with its ambilight technology

Hisense 55u7A has 120hz panel

TCL 55c7006, think its the right choice with tcl here in Europe

LG 55uk7550pla, a bit more expensive but gives me a phone to sell (lol) It's ips, others have VA panel

The question: is there a best tv among these (or something else?), or they are more or less just the same and just don't mind to much?

Use? Ps4 pro and Netflix

Thanks guys, can't find specilized forum about tvs but this i know its the right place to ask.

Difficult.
I have very limited experience with TCL but I do know their plans were to aggressively target hisense with better specs/performance per price point, and from what I've seen they are fulfilling that,

I voted Philips. For gaming there is nothing like ambilight - the whole room flashing red as you're dying in a shooter, the lights of a night-race flashing across your ceiling, having the game extend fully through your peripheral vision is amazing. It has other benefits such as improved perception of contrast and motion, but it's gaming immersion where it truly shines.

I have moved this to the correct section.

For HDR gaming I would probably hold of buying at this budget and try and save more money for a better TV. HDR really demands higher quality than these TVs can provide in my opinion.

Out of these TVs I voted the Hisense though, at least on UK pricing its miles ahead in value compared to everything else and was well reviewed here on AVF recently (65")

There is more to this than selecting a TV though, the biggest question is whether you need wide viewing angles or not, if you do that can change which TV is the best for you.

I have moved this to the correct section.

For HDR gaming I would probably hold of buying at this budget and try and save more money for a better TV. HDR really demands higher quality than these TVs can provide in my opinion.

Out of these TVs I voted the Hisense though, at least on UK pricing its miles ahead in value compared to everything else and was well reviewed here on AVF recently (65")

There is more to this than selecting a TV though, the biggest question is whether you need wide viewing angles or not, if you do that can change which TV is the best for you.

55” has also been reviewed and scored the same - just appears to be really low nit wise.

Hisense H55U7AUK 4K TV Review

55” has also been reviewed and scored the same - just appears to be really low nit wise.

Hisense H55U7AUK 4K TV Review
Indeed, but it is still more than bright enough for SDR. TVs at this price point are not going to be fantastic with HDR, I tend to be of the "UHD Premium" camp where I believe HDR is not really worth worrying about until you hit TVs that are brighter. Even the Samsung NU8000, although getting brighter is still not impact enough in my opinion.

Although people do have different standards and will be impressed with HDR on this TV I am sure.

Dear friends

Greetings from Europe. I'm facing this real match among low budget tv, you want the bargain but all product seem to have pro and Cons..

So lets be clear: i can afford a 550-570 euros tv, and now chioce is:

Philips 55pus7303, with its ambilight technology

Hisense 55u7A has 120hz panel

TCL 55c7006, think its the right choice with tcl here in Europe

LG 55uk7550pla, a bit more expensive but gives me a phone to sell (lol) It's ips, others have VA panel

The question: is there a best tv among these (or something else?), or they are more or less just the same and just don't mind to much?

Use? Ps4 pro and Netflix

Thanks guys, can't find specilized forum about tvs but this i know its the right place to ask.

I think the new king among the low budget 55" TVs is the new TCL 55DC760, awarded in these last days, EISA BEST BUY LCD TV 2018-2019. :)

TCL 55DC760 | EISA – Expert Imaging and Sound Association

Really thanks a lot guys. Got an idea about budget tvs and hdr performances in this price range: not enough, we have to say.

I would like to think a bit and choose in this way:

- A cheap "good" ultra hd tv (with poor hdr performance): there's also this Sony XE70 they offer for about 510 euros!

- A real hdr tv, more expensive: another world to discover.

Meanwhile, thanks a lot.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom