55inch TV under £500

Trillium86

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi all, i know this has probably been asked a thousand times but could i get recommendations on a 55" TV for max £500.

I have had a 10 year old sony bravia up until now so getting a top quality picture isn't really a priority because anything i buy now is going to be an improvement.

I will be using it nearly everything, normal tv viewing, streaming movies and tv shows, and xbox and ps4 gaming.
It will also need to have a wider viewing angle.

The January sales are approaching to so may be able to get something slightly out of my budget.

Thanks all

Have you seen:

To cut a long story short, for you look at the 55" LG 7 series for best value for money. Anything 55UM7xxx.

Have you seen:

To cut a long story short, for you look at the 55" LG 7 series for best value for money. Anything 55UM7xxx.

Thanks pal, after reading about ips and va i think im going to sacrifice the wider viewing angle and get a va panel.
Managed to find a samsung RU8000 for £570 but the hisense U8B uk model is £600 and is only 100hz

Thanks pal, after reading about ips and va i think im going to sacrifice the wider viewing angle and get a va panel.
Managed to find a samsung RU8000 for £570 but the hisense U8B uk model is £600 and is only 100hz
If you are looking at the 55" RU8000 then both are 120hz but they call it 100hz in Europe. They can both refresh at both frame rates.

The Hisense is the better overall TV, but the Samsung may be preferred if you want gaming-centred features like HDMI 2.1 Variable Refresh Rate and the ability to use motion settings whilst gaming and not adding input lag.

Whats the reliability of hisense tvs like and the customer support?
No different to other manufacturers. Place any onus on support or returning the TV with the store you buy it from.

Believe me, you don't want to go shopping for a TV looking for good support from the manufacturer, you'll never find one!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom