Question 55PUS6703 / 53 - Wimbledon in UHD?

Bossworld

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Anyone been able to get the BBC Wimbledon coverage to show in 4k?

I've got a Virgin V6 box and the set obviously has iPlayer built in too.

I note the 65 is listed as a supported device on the BBC list but not the 55 - though don't these all self identify as a 43 anyway? Either way o assumed the V6 box would work

Be grateful if anyone can spot anything I'm doing wrong

Thanks

Anyone been able to get the BBC Wimbledon coverage to show in 4k?

I've got a Virgin V6 box and the set obviously has iPlayer built in too.

I note the 65 is listed as a supported device on the BBC list but not the 55 - though don't these all self identify as a 43 anyway? Either way o assumed the V6 box would work

Be grateful if anyone can spot anything I'm doing wrong

Thanks

The 65" has Android TV I think so it might be Saphi that's holding the 55" back.

The 65" has Android TV I think so it might be Saphi that's holding the 55" back.
The 65PUS6753 is listed though, and that doesn't. It shares the same manual as the 55 and I'm sure I've read somewhere that all models identify as the 43. If there's some other lockout or restriction then fair play to them but it has me stumped

The 65PUS6753 is listed though, and that doesn't. It shares the same manual as the 55 and I'm sure I've read somewhere that all models identify as the 43. If there's some other lockout or restriction then fair play to them but it has me stumped

Are you sure the 65" isn't Android as I thought it was?

Are you sure the 65" isn't Android as I thought it was?
Yes, positive. You need to look at the numbers at the end of the model.

6703/6753 are not Android, but are included on the compatible list.

7303 is Android.

When I'm back home tomorrow I'll try enabling the iPlayer Beta which I've seen as a possible recommendation.

Yes, positive. You need to look at the numbers at the end of the model.

6703/6753 are not Android, but are included on the compatible list.

7303 is Android.

When I'm back home tomorrow I'll try enabling the iPlayer Beta which I've seen as a possible recommendation.

That makes it even more annoying! I assumed it was because of Saphi but that's obviously not the case.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom