55PUS6704/12 calibration

Jayb9998

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi model 55pus6704/12 is there any picture calibration setting on here for this tv or does anyone own one and can inform me of the settings? Would appreciate

Hi both. I have the 50PUS6754 which is ( believe) the same TV but with different trim. I found that installing the latest software ( TPM163Exxxxxxxxx.253), switching off and unplugging from the mains for an hour then resetting to 'Factory Install' did the trick. Without changing any settings at all the picture in SD or HD is superb. (I did set the 4k picture style to vivid - I like a lot of punch.) Try it - it might work for you.

Funny enough just set up my mates 6754 today and was showing him some 4k Youtube HDR video and we were both blown away - the Peru journey and the snow wolves was off the scale good.....on a separate note he has a Sat connection and when we installed that we had 700 channels but lots of regional variations duplicates - He only really watches the HD ones - Is there an easy way to remove the duplicates ?

Last edited:
I don't use the TV for watching anything live much (I have a separate Sat box and media player) and rather than deleting channels I just copied all the news/HD channels I wanted into favorites.

Hi, I started a thread yesterday about a lip sync issue on the forum yesterday. Now just found this thread, thought I would ask you guys if any of you had/have this same problem with your 55PUS6704. Basically I am experiencing lip sync problems with Sky HD+ channels. SD channels seem pretty much okay.
Can fix/work around by rewinding for a second or two or by toggling the HDMI sound settings on Sky Box from Dolby D to Normal and back to Dolby D. (Each time I change over channels)

Hello RustyMG.
Did you have or fix a sync issue?

There is not much discussion on the thread unfortunately. I would really like a proper fix.

The thread is named 55PUS6704, hopefully this link will work. 55PUS6704

Hi both. I have the 50PUS6754 which is ( believe) the same TV but with different trim. I found that installing the latest software ( TPM163Exxxxxxxxx.253), switching off and unplugging from the mains for an hour then resetting to 'Factory Install' did the trick. Without changing any settings at all the picture in SD or HD is superb. (I did set the 4k picture style to vivid - I like a lot of punch.) Try it - it might work for you.

I did this aswell. Downloaded the latest 6704 firmware for my 70PUS6724 (no 6724 firmware exists on Philips website) 091.002.078.253 and then did a Factory reset. No change in any settings and the picture got A LOT better!

Tonight I will also update firmware and factory reset my Philips 43PUS6754/12. I will post the results here:

Did you do a "Factory Settings" or a "Reinstall TV"?

Anyway: I only did an upadate, removed all cables for 1 hour, did a "Factory Settings", and indeed, the result is amazing! It is not perfect, but is is sooooo much better!

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom