Question 55PUS7503/12 Issues and what next?

wolfie1988

Novice Member
Bought a 55PUS7503/12 at the beginning of December. The Ambilight really appealed to me and it looked like it would be a good set. Initially it was but a I soon started to see a problem with it that I couldn't unsee. The old Vertical Banding/Black Uniformity issue. I watch a lot of football and other sport and I found it highly distracting. My old none HDR Samsung 4k TV didn't have this problem or if it did, it was never this noticeable or distracting.

Anyway, I contacted Philips who wanted me to take photos of it but the issue really didn't come across on the photos I took. Instead I contacted Costco who I purchased the TV from and they have now offered to come and collect the TV from me and give me a full refund as it is within 90 days of purchase.

So what next? I love the ambilight technology and it really enhanced the viewing experience, despite me thinking it would be gimmick, so ideally I want to stay with Philips. Can anybody recommend a model that they've not had the banding/uniformity issue with when watching Sports? I'm prepared to spend a little more than I did previously so is the 55POS9002 any good?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung HW-Q950T Soundbar Review, Filmmaker Mode, Disney+ $30 for Mulan, AV news and more
Top Bottom