55PUS8204/12 - What Panel Manufacturer? A remodeled 8804 or 7**5 ?

sjoegren

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Yesterday I got hellbent to investigate about the PUS8204, since there is no good information on the tv I've sat many hours trying to trace if the tv share components with either the 8804 or 75**.
Now my wife has gotten real mad at me for spending so much time doing this (I told her I'm reading about COVID-19) so I ask you for help.
Can anyone of you help me trace what panel it uses (Not if its IPS or VA, instead what manufacturer)

I've searched for repair manuals with no luck.

Thank you in advance!

According to some Russian forums all oled and 9000 series had LG panels, all others TP vision China. Indeed it is hard to find info as nobody bothers repairing them, people buy new every few years anyway :D

Haven't seen a non-LG IPS in a Philips for years, all the way down to 6xxx models. They are easily identified by the chevron pixel structure that nobody else uses. This 55" according to the Philips website has the 'Wide Colour Gamut 90% DCI/P3 that the 7xxx models lack (the Toengel table said differently) so you'd assume it's closer to the 8804 ... (strangely enough this model hasn't been available in Holland at all).

:D having just said that, I've now come across this video

And it seems to say 'BOE' on the t-con board for the 55" version of the 7304. Instant reminder of the fact there hasn't been a single in depth revies of this 'The One' series.
Might be a panel lottery then, for the 43" 7304 I see both an LG and a BOE t-con spare part

Looks like the 50 (some of the 50) and 70" panels are the 'TPV' panels (made by CHOT Sharp files lawsuit against Vizio)

Last edited:
-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Haven't seen a non-LG IPS in a Philips for years, all the way down to 6xxx models. They are easily identified by the chevron pixel structure that nobody else uses. This 55" according to the Philips website has the 'Wide Colour Gamut 90% DCI/P3 that the 7xxx models lack (the Toengel table said differently) so you'd assume it's closer to the 8804 ... (strangely enough this model hasn't been available in Holland at all).

:D having just said that, I've now come across this video

And it seems to say 'BOE' on the t-con board for the 55" version of the 7304. Instant reminder of the fact there hasn't been a single in depth revies of this 'The One' series.
Might be a panel lottery then, for the 43" 7304 I see both an LG and a BOE t-con spare part

Looks like the 50 (some of the 50) and 70" panels are the 'TPV' panels (made by CHOT Sharp files lawsuit against Vizio)

Surely t-con does not have to be lg if its even lg panel? It well may be that panels are fitted depending on country to be sold in.

Thank you guys for trying and help me out. This covid-19 reading excuse wont hold up much longer haha.

Got some additional info if it may help.
Its a FZ2 model so Poland made with BOM 2.
Under the CSM menu i got the following info:

18AC SSB: 705TXJSC55005400SX
18AC display: 750TBV550YM3M8N000
18AC Supply: PLTVJW481XABV

Surely t-con does not have to be lg if its even lg panel? It well may be that panels are fitted depending on country to be sold in.

Came across this for example (from: https://openaccess.iyte.edu.tr/bitstream/handle/11147/3835/T000608.pdf?sequence=1&isAllowed=y) (how it functions differently in laptops for example is probably worth looking up as well as I happened to have been reading about replacing panels in them as well and often saw more than one brand or replacement panel suggested. But normally a new tv comes with a matching panel and t-con. Plenty of evidence of panel lottery confirmed with pixel structures in the past as well, 7303 for example had both VA and IPS panels fitted in the 43". And just took me less than a minute to find both t-con boards pulled from them, both from the UK as well

Screenshot_2020-07-18 Microsoft Word - FPD_Thesis_Draft_51 doc - T000608 pdf.png

Other example: Sony XF85 series, well known for having a 100(120)Hz 43" with IPS and 49" with VA panel (succeeded by XG83 series with the same specs):

If it didn't matter they wouldn't have bothered getting a Samsung t-con for the 49" where the majority of the series has an LG IPS panel

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom