6 Underground (Dec 2019) directed by Michael Bay

Ready made theme song!

:eek: Wow, wow, could be the crappiest thing i've seen, only managed the first hour :facepalm:, i could not take anymore. car damage is not a thing after crashes and scrapes, the script is so boring. 4/10

:eek: Wow, wow, could be the crappiest thing i've seen, only managed the first hour :facepalm:, i could not take anymore. car damage is not a thing after crashes and scrapes, the script is so boring. 4/10

Funny you should say that. I managed the first hour before I needed to decompress and went for a run. Will try and finish it in a bit, but wow, is it hard work! A 'script' written by 5 year olds, hyper kenetic editing that made my head hurt, and all the cg blood you could ask for...:confused: I was hoping for something along the lines of The Island, but this makes that look like a masterpiece.

Last edited:
Reading your thoughts...I’m gutted...I’m actually a fan of Michael Bay & Have been looking forward to it since It was announced, I thought he was being unleashed with this but it seems like a car crash!

Watched it this evening. Seems like his Transformers movies in that you get the feeling somewhere in there there's a good action movie struggling to get out, but just not quite making it. Bit like the later Tony Scott movies where they disappeared under a fog of misplaced notions of style over substance, undermining what was otherwise potentially good movies.

Over 83M people watched 6 Underground in its first four weeks of release

It’s nexflix’s new way of measuring data, you only have to have watched 2 minutes of a show or movie for it count, previously it was 70% of its running time.
No outside company verifies this either, you just have to take their word for it.

Yeah as Barnaby says, it’s actually “over 83 million people watched 2 minutes of 6 Underground...”

Only 83 finished the movie.

It's a ridiculous stat. Even for Netflix's own good.

Sure, give us a tally on those who watch 2 minutes, but for their own good, they should do a percentage of those watches that translate to watching the whole movie.

83 million people watched 2 minutes.

Let's say a 0.83 million (I'm being generous) make it to the end, so you've got a 1% translation.

And let's say only 2 million people watched Bird Box (I'm tuning that down for effect), but 1 million of them make it to the end.

Not only would that mean that more people actually 'watched' Bird Box, but it has a 50% translation.

The benefit of this? Well, if Netflix actually did the maths, they'd realise that only a minuscule percentage of that 83 million would even consider watching the sequel they're going to waste another 150 million dollars on.

And they wouldn't be put off making a sequel to a movie that 'only' had a million viewers because a) they know half of those will be back and b) they know that that million is actually a more reliable number than the might-as-well-have-just-made-it-up 83 million that watched two minutes.

[end rant]

I'm gonna give it a go, looks good and up my street.

Edit. I enjoyed that. Just what I expect from Bay, over the top non stop action with plenty of explosions. Would put it on the same level as Hobbs and Shaw, worth a watch but only the once, nothing really new but just mindless fun. Seen a lot worse so gonna give it a solid 6/10.

Last edited:
I managed about 5 minutes of actual watching but couldn’t bear it anymore. This is self indulgence gone mad even by Bay standards.

I've still not been brave enough to finish watching this shit show
i like to see if gets worse or better, i'll psych myself up

I finished it.

Although, the PTSD counselling is proving expensive.

Did you enjoy it more than say the transformers movies or some of the other drivel we've had the last 6 months. I can't be the only person who liked this 😳

Did you enjoy it more than say the transformers movies or some of the other drivel we've had the last 6 months. I can't be the only person who liked this 😳

You indeed can , its an assault to filmmaking though .

It's Michael Bay, what are you expecting. I want explosions and eye candy, not much to ask for.

I know what to expect from a MB flick , this though is an utter mess as I would like him to once again make a film that one can follow , like say The Rock / Bad Boys . All I get now is ultra fast editing and action scenes that are a blur to the senses . I have watched all the Transformer flicks and can not make heads or tails sense in continuity or story arc . Is each a stand alone flick ?

End of the day this one is a poor MB flick , even by his own downward standard and you are in the minority in your opinion of it .

But at the same time we are all different so carry on enjoying it mate .

Pigeon said he wouldn’t be seen dead sh*tting on his Transformers sequels

Quote from the article.
According to an insider with knowledge of the production, a homing pigeon was allegedly killed by a dolly in the middle of a take in Rome.
AA Dolly.jpg

sorry for the pigeon but im just glad these thread bumps were not because there is talk of a sequel... :D

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom