65 inch 6754 or the 7304

Phish

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi! Bought the 65 inch Philips 6754 last month on amazon at a great price. TV is pretty solid for the price and it seems that the motion issues from last year have been resolved. The ambilight is fantastic and has really changed our viewing experience for the better. The OS is pretty crap though. Slow and laggy but does the job if you persist, I use a fire tv stick so I can bypass all the headaches. The brightness and blacks were acceptable for the price but I have heard the 7304 is better. I want to buy another one For my nephew who is an avid movie buff (doesn’t play games) and was thinking whether I should go for the 7304?

I have heard there are issues with light bleeds but overall the PPI seems to be higher at 1700 (as against 1200 on the 6754) Was wondering from peeps with more technical knowledge whether that translates into any noticeable difference on screen. It has also the Android system which should be perhaps better than the Saphi that I use?
Also any help on calibration settings that I need to know? Both of us hate motion smoothing as it makes movies look horrid and have heard horror stories from people that in the 7304 some interpolation still exists even after switching it off! Any help and advice would be appreciated! Thanks!

Comparing 6724 to the 7304 I didn´t notice any difference in picture quality. The Saphi OS is horrendously slow though...

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom