65 inch LG Oled more than double the price for 55 one?

Taffalito

Novice Member
Reaction score
I'm about to replace my 2011 50 inch Panasonic VT30 and a LG OLED seems to be the best choice. My problem is the current pricing where I live. A 55 inch LG B9S goes for 899 €, which seems like a real bargain compared even to prices in other countries. What irritates me is that BOTH the 65 B9 and C9 are priced at 1999 €.

Since I am used to a 50 inch Plasma with a viewing distance of about 2,5 to 3 meters, going for the 55 inch OLED don't feel like a big upgrade.

What to do? Buy the ceap one and regret it or plurge for the bigger one at double the cost?

Prices tend to fluctuate a lot. The fact you have a good deal on the 55" today and a bad deal on the 65" just means that presently the 55" is selling for less. In a weeks time it may be different.

At that viewing distance you are very far to view from the TV. Even a 65".

Prices tend to fluctuate a lot. The fact you have a good deal on the 55" today and a bad deal on the 65" just means that presently the 55" is selling for less. In a weeks time it may be different.

At that viewing distance you are very far to view from the TV. Even a 65".
John Lewis are currently selling 65inch versions of the LG B9 & the Panasonic GZ950B for £1799. A good price for the GZ but a definite overcharge on the B9 imho.

I can get the 65 CX for 2399 €, which seems lika among the cheapest anywhere in the EU, even in Germany, a traditionally cheap country when it comes to A/V stuff, you can't get it for lower than 2550€. I really find it tough to pay more than 2,5 times the cost of a 55 B9, since I'm planning to upgrade my speakers and AVR aswell.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom