77 inch oled prices

THT prices back up! Damn!:facepalm:

Ohh bugger , well here's hoping its a good one :thumbsup:
Arriving late Wednesday, due to work, probably can’t assess it properly till Friday and then we shall see!

Sad times, I never expected uniformity issues on the top of range Panasonic!

Arriving late Wednesday, due to work, probably can’t assess it properly till Friday and then we shall see!

Sad times, I never expected uniformity issues on the top of range Panasonic!
Yes its not good especially at the price point

Yes its not good especially at the price point
Sigh, total nightmare, mother had fall, drive up to Edinburgh to look after her, get a flat tyre, not fixable, am stuck in Edinburgh till tomorrow night!

JL replacement now Friday evening so won’t know till end of weekend whether I’m scouring the net for a good deal on 77 GX!

Sigh, total nightmare, mother had fall, drive up to Edinburgh to look after her, get a flat tyre, not fixable, am stuck in Edinburgh till tomorrow night!

JL replacement now Friday evening so won’t know till end of weekend whether I’m scouring the net for a good deal on 77 GX!
Hope your mother is ok mate

Hope your mother is ok mate
Thanks mate, she is ok, bruised and shaky, just been sorting out handles and various things to support her. Stubborn mule won’t come down and stay with us, very independent!

Thanks mate, she is ok, bruised and shaky, just been sorting out handles and various things to support her. Stubborn mule won’t come down and stay with us, very independent!
Good to hear she’s ok mate , that’s all that counts :)

So I've just had my 65" B7 repaired - they replaced the whole panel due to banding issues. The new one looks perfect! But I'm thinking of selling it and upgrading to the AG9. I seem to recall it was £3500 @ Richer sounds recently, did I imagine that?

Anyone have any idea how much I would get for my B7? 3 years warranty left, ISF calibrated and a brand new panel on it.

So I've just had my 65" B7 repaired - they replaced the whole panel due to banding issues. The new one looks perfect! But I'm thinking of selling it and upgrading to the AG9. I seem to recall it was £3500 @ Richer sounds recently, did I imagine that?

Anyone have any idea how much I would get for my B7? 3 years warranty left, ISF calibrated and a brand new panel on it.
You've ISF calibrated the new panel yourself?

Will the 77cx be £4000 come Black Friday?

I doubt anyone here would be able to say, or to confirm that if it was the case.

If I had to guess I'd say it's a reasonable probability, but can't say for sure.

A better question from you would be "Do people think the 77cx be £4000 come Black Friday?" - because that can be pondered upon.

Last edited:
Anyone got any experience of Richer Sounds and their price match. It says they match voucher deals too so wandering how much this is true

It was £3999 the other day.See jmaccs post #942.So there is a good chance it will fall to that price again,nearer BF.

The thing about BF (the actual day) the last 2 BF's have been disappointing it's been the 2 weeks,and the week before it,that's when the best prices have been,so watch out for that.

Basically the retailer has got you by the short and curlies,do you buy before BF,or buy on the day,knowing that if the prices are poor,then that's you until the xmas/new year sales.

It's all a game of cat and mouse.

George

It was £3999 the other day.See jmaccs post #942.So there is a good chance it will fall to that price again,nearer BF.

The thing about BF (the actual day) the last 2 BF's have been disappointing it's been the 2 weeks,and the week before it,that's when the best prices have been,so watch out for that.

Basically the retailer has got you by the short and curlies,do you buy before BF,or buy on the day,knowing that if the prices are poor,then that's you until the xmas/new year sales.

George

Richersounds usually offer a Black Friday price guarantee a couple of weeks before. So at least when that kicks in and you buy then you can be guaranteed that if the price drops they will refund the difference. I know it still doesn't cover situations where the price doesn't drop but if you definitely want to buy in that time frame it offers some assurance.

George
Not quite. RS, Currys and a few others have a 7 day price promise if the price falls any lower after purchase, JL have a 28 day price promise. Let's not forget, £4k or just over for a 77" state of the art TV is just staggering for what you get.

Not quite. RS, Currys and a few others have a 7 day price promise if the price falls any lower after purchase, JL have a 28 day price promise. Let's not forget, £4k or just over for a 77" state of the art TV is just staggering for what you get.
88" for 4k is something that would tempt me :) 77 is not enough improvement over 65 for me.

@techdiver @felty99

What I'm saying guys,is the best prices have been on the run up to BF,not on the actual day,so basically nothing to price match.Maybe they know something we don't.

Yes you may get the odd retailer on the day offering a cheaper price,but it wont be much lower,and then you have your voucher codes and whatnot,that'll be it.

George

I
It's still a massive jump in size even if it doesn't sound it...
I have 65" Oled which I use daily. This weekend I will watch first movie on my new PJ setup with 133" screen. That is what I would consider a big jump (I would not go as far as massive ;) )

I
I have 65" Oled which I use daily. This weekend I will watch first movie on my new PJ setup with 133" screen. That is what I would consider a big jump (I would not go as far as massive ;) )

Mate that is giantic.

I find my 95'' projector screen (or 110'') compared to 77'' OLED is big.

77'' vs 85

77'' vs 88

I agree that the difference is not gigantic for whoever mentioned that. Once you centre the 77'' panel in the middle on those 2 inches, we are talking about a couple of inches either side.

77'' vs 95''

This looks a lot more bigger.

77'' vs 110''
77'' vs 133''

Now we are into different stratosphere.

What’s people’s guesses for Black Friday on the 77” AG9 and also the 77” CX?
I’m thinking possibly the wonky will drop to around £3600 and the LG £4000?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom