RedDevil85

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Links: Amazon.co.uk - HMV - Zavvi - Zoom.co.uk

Release date: 10/02/2020

AStSM_F_4K.jpg

Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
My Panasonic UB9000 didn't play nicely with this in Dolby Vision. We had lots of screen flicker/artefacts. Had to output in HDR10 in which case it was fine. Tried cleaning the disc, checked all cables (certified Premium) but couldn't get it to work with Dolby Vision.

Also any disc manufacturer who forces you to watch trailers every single time you restart should be shot. I could only fast forward through them individually and 2 of them are years old.

Nicely enjoyable film, maybe not a whole lot of belly laughs but full of the usual Aardman puns and sight gags.

Particularly loved the local garage, H.G Wheels :)

My Panasonic UB9000 didn't play nicely with this in Dolby Vision. We had lots of screen flicker/artefacts. Had to output in HDR10 in which case it was fine. Tried cleaning the disc, checked all cables (certified Premium) but couldn't get it to work with Dolby Vision.

I had the same with my UB820, disabling DV was the only way to get it to play in a watchable manner.

I love Shaun the Sheep and enjoyed the first movie, but I was bored when I saw this with my son at the cinema. I got this disc for him and gave it another go, but I didn't make it to the end.

They did an encounter with aliens much better in the TV series.

I am glad I have found this thread as last night my daughter and me sat down to watch this film in ultra hd in Dolby vision and the picture was flickering really badly that my daughter even said it could bring on an epileptic fit it’s so bad!
Seems to be a bad implementation of Dolby vision as in normal hdr it plays fine

I assume you’ve got a Panasonic player?

Played mine on an Panasonic 9000 HR-10,no problems,but just saw thats others have been having problems with DV on Panasonic players.
I would report to Panasonic V email,and maybe an firmware update will fix this issue

:)

Yes I have the Panasonic ub820 and it did nothing but flicker but when I turned the players Dolby vision off it played fine in hdr10

I’m not sure it’s the pansonic as I have It chapter 1 and Joker both in Dolby vision and they both play fine with no issues so I am leaning towards there being an issue with the disc?!

Flickering with my UB820 in Dolby Vision but plays OK with no DV flickering on my Sony X700.
Appears to be something Panasonic needs to fix via a firmware update.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom