A strange thread I know, but.....

mcfarfs

Ex Member
Reaction score
I have geography coursework due in tomorrow. Have done most of it, I just want to do another page or two so it is the 2500 words required. The problem is, I don't know what to write! It can be bull, as long as it makes general sense.

The title of the project is "What are the impacts of the recent redevelopment of Dunorlan Park, Tunbridge Wells?".

It is basically a public park on the outskirts of T. Wells, a commuter town south of London. But not the sort where u play football, more the sort where you go for a walk. The park was redeveloped over the last year, at a cost of £2.8 million. It has a lake, which was drained and dredged, and it has been landscaped, had new trees and plants planted and old ones taken. Loadsa random stuff like that. It was closed pretty much completely for a year from Sept. 2003 - Sept 04 whilst the diggers can in.

Can anyone suggest any environmental/social/economic impacts of such a project? Cos im stuck :eek: :( :rolleyes: Ask if you want any more details!

Cheers.

Yeh, probably is good advice there. I am really stuck though. just looking at a blank MS Word screen. V. depressing.

mcfarfs said:
Yeh, probably is good advice there. I am really stuck though. just looking at a blank MS Word screen. V. depressing.

When i was a kid, it was an A4 pad and pencil.

mcfarfs,

up the text size a bit, use double spacing, try to write a snappy conclusion, lie about the word count, and hope what you've already written carries you through :thumbsup:.

It's what I did yesterday on my law assignment :blush:

Peridot said:
mcfarfs,

up the text size a bit, use double spacing, try to write a snappy conclusion, lie about the word count, and hope what you've already written carries you through :thumbsup:.

It's what I did yesterday on my law assignment :blush:

Ah yeeeeeeeeeees. Always works. I also just copied & pasted the info from the link that Nicholas Gibbs provided, so cheers for that Nicholas!

mcfarfs said:
Ah yeeeeeeeeeees. Always works. I also just copied & pasted the info from the link that Nicholas Gibbs provided, so cheers for that Nicholas!

No problem, I knew that park well many years ago, it used to be great for going sledging in the winter, although you had to be careful not to end up in the lake!

Cheers

Nick

eviljohn2 said:
:nono: That is not the way to go about it - particularly posting that on a public forum afterwards! :lesson:

I'm sure he meant to add - 'as appropriately referenced supporting information' ;)

Peridot said:
slate and chalk for me :D

I thought that was sand and stick? ;)

Anyway, I'm gonna try and give you some environmental impacts:
-Park may look better :rolleyes:
-The cutting of old trees and planting of new trees creates a more varied habitat and could increase biodiversity (more types of birds and insects mostly)
-The increased habitat diversity gives more suitable nesting places for birds, and the birds dont just stay in the park - so more types birds will be seen in that area.
-The numbers of small birds, like tits should increase because of the shrubberies and conifer area, as these birds prefere smaller 'bushier' trees.
-Restoration of the water areas should increase wildfoul (ie. lots of pretty duck and things)

Really I cant go into much more specifics because I dont know what type of park it is. Like is it like a wild/natural area? Or is it like a well kept victorian park, with cut grass and man made water features?

Thats really good, cheers!

well it was a well kept Victorian park with cut grass etc, but it was allowed to fall into a bad state which is why it was redeveloped! Now a well kept Victorian park again.

mcfarfs said:
:oops: Oh well, who really cares?!

plagerism. dont wanna be starting that off because if it passes you may get into that habit and it will come back to bite you. i got accused of it but never actually did it for my physics alevel years ago. had to have a meeting with board of examiners and all.

moral dont leave it to the night before :rolleyes:

Kopite4Ever said:
moral dont leave it to the night before :rolleyes:

Yeh we all know that, but we all still do it!

I have decided I'm gona ask for an extension til Monday, cos I have had lots of other work due in :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Cheers for your advice guys, if anyone else has any fantastic ideas please post!

Going to bed now, Night all.

you by any chance at secondary school ? if you plan to carry on further you get more work and less time to do it. im not preeching here just some advice as i used to be entirely the same untill uni hit me. i will never again leave an assignment to the last minute

/rant

Well, I've caught onto this thread late. My company just bought a company in Wells in a dodgy office and have moved everyone to a new office. No idea what each was like but i've heard it ain't a bad place to work...

Kopite4Ever said:
you by any chance at secondary school ? if you plan to carry on further you get more work and less time to do it. im not preeching here just some advice as i used to be entirely the same untill uni hit me. i will never again leave an assignment to the last minute

/rant

At college, doing AS Levels. I know I shouldn't live it til the last minute, but still do. Not very good am I!

andrewdolphin said:
Well, I've caught onto this thread late. My company just bought a company in Wells in a dodgy office and have moved everyone to a new office. No idea what each was like but i've heard it ain't a bad place to work...

Its a lovely place to work!

Sigh...

Remembering the days of sitting in front of my Cub monitor starting at my little green screen :) Wordwise raring to go... GHOD I loved my BBC B :)

Giggle ok!! that's looking at it through rose tinted glasses.

Steff

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom