About to Jailbreak - Some Questions

AVRocky

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Apologies if these questions have been raised before. I'd like to try Jailbreaking my iPad but first..

I'm assuming you can still add and sync files and documents via (latest) iTunes?
Where can I find new Themes for my iPad?

Is it still possible (and safe) to purchase items from the installed App Store using your credit card?

Any drawbacks you can share?

What is the biggest plus, from what you've seen, to JB. I ask because the new OS will be out enabling multi-tasking

Try it, if you don't like it, remove it! There are plenty of plus points though

I have done it to both my iPad and iPhone but quickly restored them both as I felt that they both had performance issues after jailbreak. As you say, with the next version of ios on the way there's no real reason go do it.

>Is it still possible (and safe) to purchase items from the installed App Store using your credit card?<

Yep, but due to the reported hacking of the app store, I'd buy an iTunes voucher.

Yep, but due to the reported hacking of the app store, I'd buy an iTunes voucher.

I'm currently have vouchers & credit card on my iTune account. Will iTunes allow me to remove my Credit Card details? As I won't be using my CC for sometime

I'm currently have vouchers & credit card on my iTune account. Will iTunes allow me to remove my Credit Card details? As I won't be using my CC for sometime

Yes.

I removed mine the other day after a friend of mine rang me to tell me that he had "purchased" some apps from the App Store (except "he" hadn't). :eek:

Yes.

I removed mine the other day after a friend of mine rang me to tell me that he had "purchased" some apps from the App Store (except "he" hadn't). :eek:

May not be related. Don't install 'cracked' apps, stick with legitimate purchases from Cydia and default repositories and all should be good.

There's still plenty great reasons to jailbreak:

File system access
Firewall (which is terrific)
Ad blockers
Full Force to run iphone apps full ipad res (works great for Navigon for example)
MyWi
3G Unrestrictor
SB Settings.

Have a question for all you guys. i need to jailbreak my ipad but its locked by my organization. They are done with the old ipads and let everyone take the old ones. they have no data on them but i cant access any other app except the 2 apps installed by our company. cant not even access the app store or safari. any idea how i can jailbreak this tab and use it for personal use?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom