Acoustic Energy AE300 5.1 Speaker Package Review & Comments

Very nice looking set of speakers and great to hear that they sound good as well. Most speaker manufacturers seem to have issues with getting a really good sub to partner up with their main speakers and keep costs down. Really just SVS and XTZ who do a good job in this area and keep prices somewhat reasonable. SVS less so than XTZ but more that the import prices tend to make them quite expensive for us in the UK. Monitor Audio used to be pretty good with their subwoofers being decent for the money. I don't know quite how they stack up now versus a BK model or something from XTZ; I don't think they have gotten worse, more them competition has improved quite significantly in recent years.

Very nice looking set of speakers and great to hear that they sound good as well. Most speaker manufacturers seem to have issues with getting a really good sub to partner up with their main speakers and keep costs down. Really just SVS and XTZ who do a good job in this area and keep prices somewhat reasonable. SVS less so than XTZ but more that the import prices tend to make them quite expensive for us in the UK. Monitor Audio used to be pretty good with their subwoofers being decent for the money. I don't know quite how they stack up now versus a BK model or something from XTZ; I don't think they have gotten worse, more them competition has improved quite significantly in recent years.
I'd definitely go for an XTZ, SVS or BK sub to pair with this package. The latter in particular is a great choice because nothing matches BK for performance and price.

I'd go for two of the recommended BK subs, at around the same price as one AE you can't go wrong.

I'd definitely go for an XTZ, SVS or BK sub to pair with this package. The latter in particular is a great choice because nothing matches BK for performance and price.
Hi Steve! Would be nice to see BK Monolith Plus reviewed by you guys. The price is often very close to P12-PR as new grade-b, but as one can guess from the size alone it offers even better performance/value ratio! Seeing how popular it has been on this board for about 8-10year time already and the fact that new Plus model doesn´t have many if any reviews.

Also BK Double Gem would be nice to see in "AVF demo room" as lot of members have intrest for it, but how it performs is question mark still. Should be quite clear that both of these reviews would be hugely popular readings by members as always with BK products! :) The more we can open peoples eyes to spend their money wiser, the better!

That's strange. The Acoustic Energy 308 sub was being sold by Creative Audio a couple of years ago for under £300. Had my eye on one. White only, as I recall. This 308 seems to be a little different so why retain the same model number - not even a Mk2. Quite a price hike too. I always thought the design of the 'original' 308 would likely make it better suited to music.

Anyone not buying this because the wife thinks it's too big lol?

It seems a lot of us recently have been on the receiving end from the spouse complaining about how big our AV equipments are. :(

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom