Question Adding homeplug to existing homeplug network help

risheet03

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have a new pair of Tenda PH6 gigabit homeplugs talking to each other perfectly. I now want to add a single older generic branded 10-year old homeplugAV 200mbps adapter to the network as this is connected to my NVR up in the attic. However when I try simply plugging it in and switch it on, one of the new Tenda adapters reports a red light on the PLC LED almost immediately. Remove it from the wall, the Tenda shows 3 greens and is happy as Larry. Can somebody tell me how to get all 3 adapters talking to each other nicely? I have a 4th 200mbps if this would help but my understanding was that HomeplugAV and AV2 are inter-operable and it's a matter of plug and play? Any help would be appreciated thanks!

IIRC Wiki's article on HomePlug cites the inter-operability of the various HomePlug versions.

You will be better getting two more of the same Tenda PH6 ones, as even if they all worked together the speed would be reduced down to the lowest speed ones.

You will be better getting two more of the same Tenda PH6 ones, as even if they all worked together the speed would be reduced down to the lowest speed ones.

Hi there thank you I think thats exactly what I'll do, although I may grab the Tenda PH3s as I don't need passthrough elsewhere in the house and they are £10 cheaper! They should still work together shouldn't they?

Yes looking online both seem to be av1000.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom