Question Adding TOSlink 2x1 switch to Harmony hub devices

AlanX

Established Member
Reaction score
I am successfully using my Harmony hub to control my home cinema stuff. I now want to add a LiNKFOR SPDIF Toslink Switcher 2x1 Digital Optical Audio Switch, to route two audio signals (not simultaneously) to Sennheiser cordless phones. I can switch the S/PDIF inputs using the Linkfor's IR remote control, but would like to include this device in my Harmony set-up, and do this automatically according the source in use.
Does anyone know if this device is in the Harmony database (perhaps it's a generic code-set), or will I have to teach the codes to my Harmony? If anyone has done it, are there any gotchas? Thanks as always.

Yes, I did get it to work. In the end I used a 3-in/1-out Linkfor, so I could receive optical from the Humax, the player, and the TV itself (for TV apps). Had to 'teach' the Harmony about the Linkfor commands, but that was very straightforward - just get the Linkfor remote to talk to the sensor on the Harmony remote.
I now have added an HDMI link to the lounge TV so I can watch Media Room Humax recordings on that TV. I can simply take the Harmony remote, and the Sennheiser headset in there when I want it, and they work fine as they are both radio rather than IR devices.
I've attached my schematic, if that's of any help.
MEDIA ROOM SCHEMATIC FOR SATELLITE, BLURAY and TV CONNECTION.png

Last edited:
After a 'certain age', it's easy to forget what I've done, so schematics are useful to me, and might also help the rest of the family to understand what I've done when/if I totally lose my marbles!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom