Advice needed on best way to get this set up.

Khans

I currently have 1x shield 1x ps4 1x xbox one x 1x Sky Q which id like to put in the hallway under stairs. I have 2 rooms downstairs which i would like to connect the 4 devices to and if possible to 2 bedrooms also.

The 2 rooms downstairs I have a Sony 65 OLED and the other a panasonic 1080p. both rooms are nearish to where i would want to put my devices less than 15m away.

the 2 bedrooms upstairs would be difficult to get a HDMI cable there but do have CAT 6 cables installed in every room.

I would like to be able to get 4K HDR 10BIT on the OLED and also other room as some point will be upgrading the old TV.
for bedrooms 1080p is fine.

I have looked at MATRIX 4x4 HDMI also seen a Wyrestorm 4x4 Matrix MX-0404-PP Kit. what will be the best way for this kind of of setup.

thanks in Advance

Khans

Additionally want to be able to swap hdmi sources easily

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Which Source devices do you actually need to view, listen to and control in each Zone - often folk start straight into the 'Matrix' idea when it is not the best solution for them.

Joe

Jamie

Distinguished Member
Realistically the controller's for the PS4 (and probably the XBox) have a limited range. I have 2 zones that are next door to each other and playing PS4 in the second room can be problematic for the controller connection causing some controller lag and also issues with sound through the controller speaker) my previous PS3 was much better than the newer console in this regard.

I'd advise you to test the controller's in your planned location at the very least.

I'll also add @Joe Fernand is the undisputed forum knowledge base on this stuff, if Joe doesn't know it isn't worth knowing. His company could also profit greatly from selling you a fancy expensive solution.

Khans

Where I am putting the xbox one ps4 is under the stairs which is in-between both rooms. i am ideally wanting the matrix with xbox and ps4 and shield all under the stairs and as easy as possible to control from both rooms. if not possible may just buy another xbox and ps4

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Run some tests of controlling the devices where you want to place them - you may require a long HDMI Cable and or an HDMI over CAT Extender to run the tests.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom