Advice on getting marks off tablet

safcalibur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi guys

My nephew bought a case off of eBay for his hudl 2 but it has marked the back of it pretty bad. No matter what we try we can't seem to shift the marks off. Does anyone have anything they can suggest that might get rid of them? The usual Mr sheen and general household products don't work, do I need anything stronger?

Thanks

Saf

Attachments

• 1458938307649.jpg
    1458938307649.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 125
  • 1458938317263.jpg
    1458938317263.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 106
  • 1458938327756.jpg
    1458938327756.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 105
  • 1458938338399.jpg
    1458938338399.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 105
I would say, from the pic, it looks like rubbing the colour off rather than dirt.
Easiest way to get ride of them is a refund.....unless he knew it looked like that in the pictures?

I would say, from the pic, it looks like rubbing the colour off rather than dirt.
Easiest way to get ride of them is a refund.....unless he knew it looked like that in the pictures?

Cos a refund on the case is going to clean up his tablet

Cos a refund on the case is going to clean up his tablet
Well I read the OP's post wrong......its been a long day at work!

Thank you for the replies so far guys :)

Have already tried white spirit but not surgical so will give that a go tomorrow. Have let my sister know about the toothpaste and will look into the Doktor sponge.

Hope something works as the tablet is immaculate otherwise, the marks make it look like its been abused lol!

Other thing I was thinking is to paint the damn thing black haha! It's weird as the colour from the case has just kind of blended in with the white of the back case, no amount of rubbing or polishing makes the marks any lighter or vanish. Hoping one of the suggestions work :)

Thanks

Saf

If the marks are on the surface rather than worn though to a darker base layer, then a mild abrasive is the answer. Toothpaste is one option, auto polish is another. I deal with similar issues on guitars.

I suspect that it is that the finish has been worn off rather than marking.

In trying to remove marks I start as gentle as possible and then move up the agressiveness until I find one that works.

My typical solvents in order of agressiveness are

Houshold detergents (from washing liquid to non-scrtach surface cleaner)
Methylated Spirits
Surgical Spirits, Rubbing Alcohol, IPA (Isopropyl, not the beer)
White Spirit
Cellulose Thinners

Cheers,

Nigel

80 grit sandpaper

You're welcome

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom