Question AE IB15 subwoofer drivers (x4) - what are they worth?

MickB

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I built an IB sub a few years back, but about to dismantle. It uses 4 of these, which I'll be looking to sell. I think they're similar to the link below, 8 ohm, & in excellent condition.
Possibly could be used in a BOSS build....

thanks

When you say infinite baffle, were these housed in a manifold placed between your listening room and another room? Or were these housed in a free air enclosure within your listening room?

Unless you specifically asked for the AU (automotive) version, I’d imagine you have the HT version IB15HT - Home Theater Infinite Baffle Woofer - Subwoofer.

Absolutely incredible drivers, I had to let mine go for peanuts a few years ago due to selling my house, I’ll build another IB with AE drivers again if I ever get the opportunity.
Good luck with your sale.

Hi bigbucks, yes, are in a manifold which sits in an alcove between the 2 rooms.

Hi Jason, yes, I think you're right. I do remember seeing posts from you back in the day, using the same drivers, & they are the bees knees :)

here's a couple of photos, from the back.

Attachments

• IMG_0566.JPG
    IMG_0566.JPG
    166.3 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_0565.JPG
    IMG_0565.JPG
    211.3 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:
What a great use of an alcove. What was the performance like? I always fancied an IB array of subs but unfortunately i live in a flat and don’t have a way of using another room to seperate the drivers. I have considered an open baffle design before but i think its not as easy as it would 1st appear to get the baffle design right.

It actually performs great, & goes very low.....unfortunately the room behind is my office space, which is very small, & I need the space where the IB sub is for bookshelves :(
I got all my info from the 'Cult' forum - loads of ideas, suggestions,examples, folk to help,etc, just like our forum.

For info, now in the classifieds....

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom