Aerial Freeview and Sky Q

admmlls

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi
I have a Question i have a 4k tv to which has built in Freeview and I also have a Sky Q box. Today I was experiencing Signal issues with the Sky Q so I switched to Freeview to which I was amazed with the picture I was getting it blew me away. I then switched back to Sky Q and the picture was very dull and colourless now my question is how can the Freeview picture be amazing and the Sky Q not if the TV is set to Dynamic and the settings adjustment.

TVs typically allow different picture settings for different inputs, so just because the Sky Box input is set to dynamic and a certain brightness doesn't mean the freeview one will be.

1. The TV will likely have a 'per input' picture setting (brightness, contrast, precessing, backlight etc.,.).
Ensure both are identical.

2. Dynamic is likely the worst possible choice of preset settings for a decent picture. Picture Perfect TV setup guide Use this guide to set up your TV?

3. Are you comparing identical programme content from $ky with Freeview?
(e.g. BBC ONE HD )

1. The TV will likely have a 'per input' picture setting (brightness, contrast, precessing, backlight etc.,.).
Ensure both are identical.

2. Dynamic is likely the worst possible choice of preset settings for a decent picture. Picture Perfect TV setup guide Use this guide to set up your TV?

3. Are you comparing identical programme content from $ky with Freeview?
(e.g. BBC ONE HD )
Hi
I was watching Itv Hd on both the picture on Freeview is Amazing but the Sky Q Itv HD is very dull and lacking Brightness

Try BBC ONE and/or BBC TWO in HD and repeat.

I know how those are distributed / coded and transmitted... with minimal difference between the two platforms (Freeview & freesat/$ky).

Have you set up the inputs to have the same picture processing / colour / brightness / contrast settings yet? It's likely (if not 100% certain) that those are the differences you are seeing.
The picture perfect guide should help get the best from your TV and other sources.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom