AG9, GZ2000, HZ1000, CX9

the mozza

Established Member
Reaction score
I've narrowed it down to one of these 65". The big consideration is that I can get the AG9 for £2200
I watch sky and blurays, hardly ever stream, don't like the quality. Buying my boy a PS5 but I don't game and he will Probably use a different TV. I'm torn between the picture on the GZ2000, all round future proof of the CX9 and the price and allround performance of the AG9. Struggling. To justify the price. Of teh GZ2000
I can't get to see them so anyone who has seen them please help

Easy. I would get C9 or two for price of one of others you are considering.

With c9 you are getting all future proofing of CX

I get put off with the C9 as there seems to be so many people with bad panels on here. I thought the cx has a newer panel

I was Going to wait for the A9H as it has a new processor and hdmi 2.1 plus I also will get a discount off that one. But that's now delayed maybe to next year. I'm getting twitchy to buy

If you want pure picture quality then it's the gz2000 imho but none of these will be miles better than the others.
If you are concerned about future proofing then just be sure what you works use hdmi 2.1 features for.
That said a set like c9 is really impressive and has the best os.
Remember the Panasonic also has hdr10+ if you think that may be important to you.

I'd go for a C9 or a GZ950 I don't think this years new models bring any improvement in picture quality if you are after the most future proof with hdmi 2.1 its the C9 the best out of the box cinematic picture the GZ950. But if you are not using for gaming and you have a separate sound system where you don't have to connect your devices directly to the TV 2.1 hdmi is not needed
To be honest they are both great TVs and you will be happy with either I've got a 65 inch GZ950 myself and am very happy with it.

I had a 65” AF9 and have a 55C9 that I’m watching while the AF9 gets replaced .
The AF9 looks far superior when watching any SD/HD content ,it’s not even a contest

The AF9 looks far superior when watching any SD/HD content ,it’s not even a contest

interesting. I’m surprised that’s the case for hd... thanks

The reviewer Steve on AVForums here has a C9, says it all really.

Somehow none of the independent reviewers has spotted any differences?

Somehow none of the independent reviewers has spotted any differences?
I doubt very much they have had them both at the same time watching the same material.

I was Going to wait for the A9H as it has a new processor and hdmi 2.1 plus I also will get a discount off that one. But that's now delayed maybe to next year. I'm getting twitchy to buy

How do you know it is delayed? Was there a report somewhere?

I doubt very much they have had them both at the same time watching the same material.
You can check Vincent's side by side review...

Think in going to get AG9 as I don't want to wait till December for teh A9H and I don't need hdmi 2.1

Nope decided I'm going for the AG9 as I don't want to wait. Apparently there is a massive stockpile of high end tvs, cheaper ones are selling. They need to shift the older ones before they bring in new ones

Damn, A8 is out and I was going to order my A9 today. A8 seems the same as the AG9 with motionflow clarity and extra brightness

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom