Ajax Smart Home Alarm System Review & Comments

As this might be a good option for those that are retrofitting an old alarm system.

I am actually replacing an entire wired system with an Ajax alarm system using their MultiTransmitter which takes all of my existing wired inputs and converts them to wireless inputs that the Ajax alarm can read. So I will keep all of my Pyronix KX10DP detectors (which I know work well with my cats) plus additional Ajax wireless sensors.

I also have embeded door contacts that are invisible that I did not want to replace with surface mounted contacts.

This will give me a hybrid wired / wireless alarm with all of the advanced capabilities of an Ajax system without having to replace 8 sensors and door contacts. I also have Ajax MotionCams in the system for visual verification

Additionally I have my interlinked Firex Mains / Battery smoke/heat alarms, wired via a Firex relay base, that will form a zone on my Ajax system for smoke/fire detection as well as Ajax FireProtect smoke detectors

The MultiTransmitter is due next week and I will be posting a full review here.

Do you know if these can be mounted on soffits's, or only flat against a wall. Our walls are pebble rendered so not perfectly smooth or flat for mounting things on. Due to the compact size it would fit under the soffit and would get a bit more weather protection and it would be easy to get a 12V feed from the loft rather than have to drill walls and feed cables if I decided on a permanently install.

Last edited:
Although the StreetSiren is only 20cm x 20cm in size, because of the way that it mounts onto its backplate by turning you will need soffitts that are at least 25cm deep. Additionally there is quite a bit of torque required to mount the StreetSiren on its back plate, you will need to make sure that it is well screwed into the soffitt. Otherwise I see no reason that it could not be mounted as you describe

Just an update. I am awaiting my MultiTransmitter to clear customs and hopefully will be with me in a few days. As soon as it arrives I will provide some some more details and a review of its performance. Thanks for your patience

Gents - I must say that the reviews for this device are second to none, you’ve really brought it to life and put it through its paces so thank you!

Not being one to stand still when it comes to home tech, I’ve been looking at this and it’s clearly the way forward. If you’re not considering this for a domestic install then you must be mad.

However, last year I learnt and self-installed a Texecom 64-W with Smartcom which has been flawless. With all these fancy flashy features and slick innovative app, I do feel that Ajax are storming ahead here and Texecom are left in the shadows with an App that’s so outdated!

How do prices compare gents?

Ajax is an installer only product so it’s not a fair comparison.

Surely the two can be compared like for like on cost, regardless of whether they’re installer only or public?

As pricing is trade only we are not allowed to discuss them in a Public Forum. That is a request from Ajax and we are obliged to respect their wishes. Please feel free to PM me if you wish to discuss further.

I know that the guys at Ajax are working on it, but I also know that Hikvision broke their links to Pyronix over the weekend and that is their own Alarm company

Thanks for the update, hopefully it will be working in the near future.

Pretty sure I know the answer to this, but I’ll ask anyway. Is the siren able to be iluminated during darkness? Understandably, a great visual deterrent is a lit up bell box.

If you are providing external 12v power you can illuminate the outside red ring of StreetSiren when it is armed.

That’s good, I didn’t know that. What’s the easiest way to get 12v power to the siren? I’m assuming you can buy a transformer for a typical 13a socket?

Where does Texecom stand these days with their Ricochet system, to the likes of something like the Ajax?

Where does Texecom stand these days with their Ricochet system, to the likes of something like the Ajax?

They’re not moving as fast as other manufacturers in terms of development, technology etc. Even the mobile app they run hasn’t been updated for months and has bugs that existed when first released.

Unless they come up with new technology and developments, firms like Ajax will brush them under the carpet.

In any business, you can’t stand still.

Being honest I don’t think that there is a Smart Alarm manufacturer like Ajax. They are a huge disruptor in the security systems market. They are extremely innovative and very agile. They are not a gimmick company like the Ring Alarm Nor are they cheap Chinese shed alarm like the Yale offerings, they are a professional security system manufacturer building Grade 2 burglar alarms. They manufacture all of their alarms in their fab plant in Kiev.
I swapped out a Honeywell Flex for an Ajax just because it’s a more useable and intuitive alarm.

Looks like my Multitransmitter is finally in the UK and hope to take delivery this week

Looks like my Multitransmitter is finally in the UK and hope to take delivery this week

Nice one mushii, I guess you could wire an existing Texecom bell into this and make it work on the Ajax platform?

The system is armed
(if the indication is on)
No external power supply

• The LED in the lower right corner lights up with a pause of 2 seconds
External power connected
  • If the firmware version is 3.41.0 or higher: the LED in the lower right corner is on continuously
  • If the firmware version is lower than 3.41.0: the LED in the lower right corner lights up with a pause of 2 seconds

After a few hiccoughs with various Beta units, my Ajax Multi Transmitter arrived today. I will be wiring and testing over the next week and hope to have a review and lots of Photographs for the weekend. Here are a few to be going on with

IMG_9652.JPG
IMG_9654.JPG
IMG_9646.JPG
IMG_9647.JPG
IMG_9648.JPG
IMG_9649.JPG

IMG_9650.JPG

Yes its Upside down...

IMG_9651.JPG

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel